New Cadets Sexual Assault Accusation

1 hour ago, HockeyDad said:

I read it but I guess I’m too stupid. So what’s the full story?

I’m sure there’s more I don’t know yet. I’ll wait for YEA because at this point, a lot of knee jerk lynch mobbers are going to be changing their tune 

Edited by Jeff Ream
  • Like 3

50 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

One more time. I’m suggesting removing the policy. That is what i said, right?

But y’all (knowing that I’m right but unable to acknowledge it) want to toggle over to - how would YOU enforce it?  Well, first, I didn’t establish the policy. Enforcement mechanism is not my problem. However, perhaps a few random spot checks could have been performed. And if violations were found, corrected on the spot with a follow up reminder to all MMs at the next “Hop talk” - whatever it’s called today. But again, not my problem 

Who said you’re right besides you? If legal advisors say keep the policy does the cadets choose your counsel or legal experts?

2 minutes ago, PamahoNow said:

Fine, maybe that is true, I do not know.  My only response was to you claim that it was not in the "letter" that he was given three offers after he was rejected, cut, released from the Cadets.  That CLAIM was in the letter.  Maybe it was false, I don't know.  But you said (go back and check) that that claim was not in the "letter".  Again, I don't know the chronology of who auditioned where, when.  I am only making the assertion that the "letter" clearly indicated that he had 3 offers AFTER he was rejected, cut, released from the CADETS.  I showed you in the letter where that CLAIM was made.  It may have been true, false, misleading, whatever.  I do not know.  But reading the TEXT of the letter, the claim was made.  You may have knowledge of where else he auditioned and when.  But you have not shared that, so ????

Hey, you and I are usually in sync.  I'm only asking you to be accurate in your claims of what was in the "letter".  Do you dispute that?  .... That is different from disputing the ACCURACY of what the claim was in the letter.  You may be in a better place to know that than I.

I know what you said. I know what’s actually public knowledge to many in the activity 

Just now, Jeff Ream said:

I know what you said. I know what’s actually public knowledge to many in the activity 

Are you willing to share that?

2 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

Who said you’re right besides you? If legal advisors say keep the policy does the cadets choose your counsel or legal experts?

And if you don’t have the policy first freaking thing the corps will hear is “you didn’t say I COULDN’T do it”. Followed by bad publicity that the corps doesn’t care as they don’t have said policy. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, PamahoNow said:

Are you willing to share that?

i have. I’ve said it here 

Just now, Jeff Ream said:

i have. I’ve said it here 

I have not heard you say where the student auditioned before the Cadets and was rejected.  Where have you stated that?  Maybe I have missed it, from what I have seen, you have only made that claim, and suggested that others "in the know", also know this.  Please be specific, if you KNOW, as opposed to only have been told by others and only THINK you KNOW.  Other wise, Jeff, you are only being a rumormongering participant, and I have never thought that was what you were doing.  If you make a claim, please SUPPORT IT.

33 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

Did legal experts say to keep the policy?

8 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

I was struck by the point in the police report in which the police tell the guardian that they want to interview the alleged victim, and the guardian, who was apparently traveling to follow the corps (the whole summer? just for championships?), tells the police that tight scheduling will make that difficult.

It wasn't the Cadets director who told the police that.

Scheduling does not excuse anyone from allowing the police to investigate an alleged crime. The guardian ( and the Cadets D&B Corp or YEA), acting in the best interest of the victim  needed to make the victim available for the police to THOUROUGHLY investigate. The ultimate responsibility still falls on the Director or whoever he/she designated  in charge at the time of the alledged assault  Not up to the guardian, to make that determination.

• Like 1