IllianaLancerContra

New Cadets Sexual Assault Accusation

Recommended Posts

31 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Their name and real picture... yeah folks that’s the way Jeff looks lol....

Well a little more grey now. That picture is pre-parenthood 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

I’m sure there’s more I don’t know yet. I’ll wait for YEA because at this point, a lot of knee jerk lynch mobbers are going to be changing their tune 

Wow!  You sound a lot like me a year ago!  Careful, my friend!  Here they come!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

Hardly am I rumor-mongering. if I am going to post something you better #### well know i verify it from multiple sources. it's what got me the G7 slides to post before anyone else had them.

More is coming, and it will change the perception of many.

 

5 hours ago, wvu80 said:

Rumor-mongering is exactly what you are doing.  That last sentence is a tease without any evidence: it doesn't matter that you "know" or "don't know" any "inside" information.

 

5 hours ago, wvu80 said:

When someone says words to the effect "you just wait and see, there's more to this.  Stick around and see what happens..." then it is baiting.  It's a tease from someone who "knows" to all others who don't.  It's inappropriate in my professional opinion.

If as you suggest, a person has some factual information and they are respecting the wishes of whoever has these facts, then nothing should be said.  Let the "facts" come out and speak for themselves.  Teasing that there are facts which will come out in the future does not aid in protecting those kid's privacy.

I've been thinking about this argument after having been Acosted in my recent online reading by a fair bit of innuendo about another, non-drum corps scandal. A goodly number of journalists have been posting, shall we say, extremely pointed rhetorical questions about that case. Why? Because they have sources telling them there's more to the story, but they don't have enough yet to publish. But they know that lies travel faster and are often more appealing than truth. Once a particular narrative sets in, it can be very hard to get readers to grasp that their initial understanding of a situation was wrong.

So I don't think it's wrong for people here who know more about a situation than I do to urge caution: "Don't be so quick to condemn the Cadets until you have all the facts." However, if facts that later emerge do not exculpate the Cadets, then I do expect those people to admit they wrong and apologize.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, wvu80 said:

I'm not so myopic or naive to believe this is about the children and nothing else.  There are other legitimate issues and unanswered questions.

You'll have to forgive me if I focus in like a laser beam on the safety and welfare of the the kids.  My values and life experiences point me in that difference, first.

I congratulate you on this response.  Excellent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

 

 

I've been thinking about this argument after having been Acosted in my recent online reading by a fair bit of innuendo about another, non-drum corps scandal. A goodly number of journalists have been posting, shall we say, extremely pointed rhetorical questions about that case. Why? Because they have sources telling them there's more to the story, but they don't have enough yet to publish. But they know that lies travel faster and are often more appealing than truth. Once a particular narrative sets in, it can be very hard to get readers to grasp that their initial understanding of a situation was wrong.

So I don't think it's wrong for people here who know more about a situation than I do to urge caution: "Don't be so quick to condemn the Cadets until you have all the facts." However, if facts that later emerge do not exculpate the Cadets, then I do expect those people to admit they wrong and apologize.

Absolutely.  To do otherwise is dishonorable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Spinning said:

Are you a member of The Cadets Alumni or a volunteer  or involved with YEA in any capacity?

I AM!,  I AM!!

😊

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, garfield said:

Wow!  You sound a lot like me a year ago!  Careful, my friend!  Here they come!

Bring it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

So I don't think it's wrong for people here who know more about a situation than I do to urge caution: "Don't be so quick to condemn the Cadets until you have all the facts." However, if facts that later emerge do not exculpate the Cadets, then I do expect those people to admit they wrong and apologize.

^^^This... the other point to remember is - these are real people the parent/guardian are making accusations about. This time last year a valued member of the YEA team was sidelined because of accusations that turned out to be false. Not a lot of people came running out of the woodwork with mea culpas once he was cleared by an investigation. It is tough to get your reputation back once it has been dragged through the mud. This lesson should teach us to allow all the facts to come out. In the parent letter there is a lot of "in my opinion" type statements. That should be enough for people to pause a moment. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

Well a little more grey now. That picture is pre-parenthood 

At this point I’d take the grey instead of more scalp on top....and you didn’t break the camera...

yes folks Jeff knows what I look like 😩

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

At this point I’d take the grey instead of more scalp on top....and you didn’t break the camera...

yes folks Jeff knows what I look like 😩

Only if I bend down 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.