Ankeny, IA - Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Just now, bluesman said:

It does seem to the case that the corps that are still doing drill are not being rewarded for the effort.  I'm sure I'll get the lecture about how the stationary body movements that we now see so much of are just as demanding as performing drills while playing.  If a corps isn't being rewarded for a demanding drill why bother doing it at all. I guess doing drill interfered with the corps members important job of pushing, dragging or shoving props around.

Probably have to show that you can do some drill as a skull, but then move on to another one...

2 minutes ago, bluesman said:

It does seem to the case that the corps that are still doing drill are not being rewarded for the effort.  I'm sure I'll get the lecture about how the stationary body movements that we now see so much of are just as demanding as performing drills while playing.  If a corps isn't being rewarded for a demanding drill why bother doing it at all. I guess doing drill interfered with the corps members important job of pushing, dragging or shoving props around.

Which also means not playing or doing work while pushing the props. Not sure where that is on the sheets under “content”..

50 minutes ago, Cfmninjaa said:

Whats interesting is that the Judges seem to think that overall bloo has more room to grow than SCV. I seem to think the opposite.

posted from the DrumScorps app

I agree. To me (at least for the last few years), Bluecoats shows come out of the gate strong and present a more complete product early in the season. Other corps like SCV, BD, and Crown are great but look more like a work in progress at this point....like there's a lot more coming. The question is what do the various corps have up their sleeves. Can't wait to find out 🙂 

28 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

Since I saw it on the other thread that BK beat BS because of higher score today then I can sad BD beat Bloo:tongue:

Personally, I’m excited. I can’t wait to see BD and Bloo slug it out! It is going to be epic! And I think Blue Stars and BK and Cadets are going to go a few rounds, too!

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Where is that going to be?  Murfreesboro?   

San Antonio,  but I believe the first meeting is Broken Arrow

• Like 1

14 hours ago, BlueStainGlass said:

Since I saw it on the other thread that BK beat BS because of higher score today then I can sad BD beat Bloo:tongue:

Sorry, but it does NOT work that way.  You are forgetting the new "Midwest Rule #8" that was voted in this past January.

Higher scores in the West cannot be used for comparison purposes with scores from the Midwest...in fact I'm pretty sure 
the rule states that any scores for a corps from the West cannot be used...even if the score came from a show not in the West

Sorry BD you're just out of luck this year.

• Haha 1