Event Tips?

I'm going to my first ever DCI event live on the 18th, at Denton of course.
Does anyone have any tips or things i should do that will make my experience any better.

• Like 1

If you have the time, and the inclination to walk a bit, find out where the percussion and brass lines are warming up and check them out. Sometimes the show in the lot is as good as the one on the field.

• Like 2

Don't leave your seat, or attempt to otherwise navigate the bleachers during performances. This is considered rude...during any corps performance, but doubly so that night when the Boston Crusaders are on the field. 😉

• Like 1

UNT is a terrific venue and you'll see a lot of excellent corps. Check dci.org for any specific stadium policies, i.e. bags etc. 

Many corps will have their housing sites posted on their web pages, so yes, if you get a chance, catch a rehearsal or two.

Have a fabulous time. Oh, you may run in to my ex. Give her my love , maybe by spilling a soda on her. :laughing:

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, detergant said:

I'm going to my first ever DCI event live on the 18th, at Denton of course.
Does anyone have any tips or things i should do that will make my experience any better.

First of all, congrats on going to your first live show!

In my opinion, just be respectful and have a blast! 

18 minutes ago, kkrepps said:

Outdoors? Me personally, I have to wear a hat, sometimes sunglasses, and bring water.

Possibly sunscreen. 

Consider Earasers for a big event like that. 

Definitely. Ear protection is important. Each corps has its own speaker arrangement and sound person (whose sole goal in life is to make everyone as deaf as he/she is). It’s hard to predict where the most earsplitting seats will be. 

Well, it's Denton in July, so you'll definitely want to bring your sweater.

It's a tradition for first-timers to yell "They're always ready!" just before the drum-major salute to the crowd. Do this with each corps.

Be sure to watch your iPhone screen during the entire performance, because someone is surely Periscoping the show.

If you pay for a ticket, be sure to spend the entire show out in the lot.

It's considered cool to "be like the corps members" and paint your feet white.

Oh, and the pork chops, of course. Don't forget those.

Only one of these is true.

:peek:

Edited by 2muchcoffeeman
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Super Don-O said:

If you have the time, and the inclination to walk a bit, find out where the percussion and brass lines are warming up and check them out. Sometimes the show in the lot is as good as the one on the field.

Yeah that's what i was thinking of doing, are there places where they usually are? Or do i just have to walk around and hope