Event Tips?

1 hour ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

UNT is a terrific venue and you'll see a lot of excellent corps. Check dci.org for any specific stadium policies, i.e. bags etc. 

Many corps will have their housing sites posted on their web pages, so yes, if you get a chance, catch a rehearsal or two.

Have a fabulous time. Oh, you may run in to my ex. Give her my love , maybe by spilling a soda on her. :laughing:

Of course haha,

40 minutes ago, 2muchcoffeeman said:

Well, it's Denton in July, so you'll definitely want to bring your sweater.

It's a tradition for first-timers to yell "They're always ready!" just before the drum-major salute to the crowd. Do this with each corps.

Be sure to watch your iPhone screen during the entire performance, because someone is surely Periscoping the show.

If you pay for a ticket, be sure to spend the entire show out in the lot.

It's considered cool to "be like the corps members" and paint your feet white.

Oh, and the pork chops, of course. Don't forget those.

Only one of these is true.

:peek:

Of course! I'll make sure to also arrive #### faced and yell at everyone.

I almost forgot about starting a fight in the stands!!

21 minutes ago, detergant said:

Yeah that's what i was thinking of doing, are there places where they usually are? Or do i just have to walk around and hope

I don't know that specific venue, but you can usually find them by either asking some event staff, or just following your ears if they are close enough.

• Like 1

Take the DCI Announcer's script literally -- whenever something mildly exciting happens on the field, STAND UP and cheer.  Do this often. Your neighbors in the stands will appreciate your enthusiasm, generally with offerings of various concession items hurled in your direction, programs, and the occasional baby (the only item than MUST be returned to its owner).

Have fun!!!

• Haha 2

Money for the souvie and t-shirt stands!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WaxDCIFan said:

Bring donuts and give them to all the people around you.

Where will you be sitting?

i'm going to be in section 207

3 hours ago, detergant said:

Yeah that's what i was thinking of doing, are there places where they usually are? Or do i just have to walk around and hope

In my experience, they'll be within hearing distance. Not familiar with Apogee as a venue, but they should be pretty close. Have fun, as the saying goes, there's no time like your first.