The scoring circus...

If Cavies don't want to give the appearance of being 10 pts behind the leader, they should do more shows 🙂

8 hours ago, PopcornEater1963 said:

Bluecoats break 86 tonight. As a Cavaliers parent I just hope they can get back on the field before they are 10 points behind the leader. 

I vowed to let scores play less in how much I enjoy a season this year... but I don’t get the gaudy numbers the top 3 are throwing up when I listen with my own ears and watch with  my own eyes. 

Rant over. 

Maybe it's my age and acceptance and adaptation to today's drum corps, but scores just don't get me worked up like they once did. Sure, there's years when X won when I thought Y should of, but with everyone being so dang good now and the skills, talent and athleticism being where it is, if my corps finish 1st, 5th or 15th, and competed well, I sleep at night.  

• Like 3

9 hours ago, PopcornEater1963 said:

Bluecoats break 86 tonight. As a Cavaliers parent I just hope they can get back on the field before they are 10 points behind the leader. 

I vowed to let scores play less in how much I enjoy a season this year... but I don’t get the gaudy numbers the top 3 are throwing up when I listen with my own ears and watch with  my own eyes. 

Rant over. 

There is a lot of season to go so don’t get crazy....yet.  

Honestly in 2007 dci’s Gene Monterastelli said “some times results are like the flip of a coin and that’s just the way it is”.  

2 hours ago, chris ncsu said:

If Cavies don't want to give the appearance of being 10 pts behind the leader, they should do more shows 🙂

Ain't no issue with taking a week to make changes and clean.  Evens out with them losing a little time from spring training having to travel out to Kalifornia.

• Like 1

A corps doesn't lose points by not doing shows. If that was the case the Blue Knights would be struggling to make finals every year. 😉

If anything their score should be even better as they've had more time to rehearse and get better. If they do indeed fall behind it will not be due to them not scheduling shows. 

Corps close the gap due to improving more or less than another corps. It can also happen when corps make drastic changes. Sometimes those changes take time to get better and scores may be lower at first and then climb once that new change is fixed. 

Don't sweat the scores. The Cavaliers are incredible this year. The top 6 are some of the strongest shows we've seen in years. 

Edited by East9900
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Sideways said:

Ain't no issue with taking a week to make changes and clean.  Evens out with them losing a little time from spring training having to travel out to Kalifornia.

Did you just spell my state with a K and not C? How dare you! Just messing with ya lol.

Regarding the spring training, i agree. Phantom, Cadets, Crown all came out west and won DCI their respective year. Didn't hurt them at all. 

21 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

Did you just spell my state with a K and not C? How dare you! Just messing with ya lol.

Regarding the spring training, i agree. Phantom, Cadets, Crown all came out west and won DCI their respective year. Didn't hurt them at all. 

To be fair, Phantom traveled west after the season started that year, and everyone (in the 2010 top eight) lost spring training time in 2011 because that was the year they had everyone come to Texas.

• Like 1