Knoxville, TN - Thursday, July 11, 2019

8 minutes ago, Ediker said:

Just curious... what would a 6-day break have to do with being flat and technical?  I would think the extra rehearsal time would lead to serious improvements across the board.  

Yeah, I'm also looking forward to some possible revisions on the back end.  The first 8.5 minutes have been very effective.  The ballad (and the lead in to it) has needed design attention.  

I agree with you. BAC is competing in fewer shows for less travel time and more rehearsal time. I know some argue you need more judges comments to be competitive, others believe you need more shows to have a competitive edge, but my guess is it will work. Competing in fewer shows has not pleased all fans, as those of us who attended Beanpot will attest to, but if BAC medals, it will probably all be forgotten.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tim K said:

I agree with you. BAC is competing in fewer shows for less travel time and more rehearsal time. I know some argue you need more judges comments to be competitive, others believe you need more shows to have a competitive edge, but my guess is it will work.

They're doing the same number of competitions as BD and SCV.  Can't be a bad thing.  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Glenn426 said:

For BAC, these types of shows you just hope for a good of run as possible, not much to glean from the scores as there are no corps in the same competitive neighborhood tonight.. 

Just hoping whatever additions have been worked on the last couple of days work for them as they continue to build for SA.

Apparently you cant say stuff like this because to some people on here its a ###### comment to say a group doesn't have competition.  :laughing:

1 hour ago, Ediker said:

They're doing the same number of competitions as BD and SCV.  Can't be a bad thing.  

All corps are doing fewer shows beginning this summer. This is part of DCI putting the performers well being first. Allows for more down/free time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Spatzzz said:

All corps are doing fewer shows beginning this summer. This is part of DCI putting the performers well being first. Allows for more down/free time.

Number of competitions this year (assuming all of the below repeat as finalists)

Cadets        32
Blue Stars    31
Bluecoats     31
Cavaliers     30
Phantom       30
Blue Devils   27
Boston        27
Crown         27
Mandarins     27
Santa Clara   27
Crossmen      26
Blue Knights  25

2 hours ago, Algernon said:

Expect Boston to come out a bit flat and technical tonight after a 6 day break. Hopefully they have made major revisions to back end of the show...

1 hour ago, Ediker said:

Just curious... what would a 6-day break have to do with being flat and technical?  I would think the extra rehearsal time would lead to serious improvements across the board.  

Yeah, I'm also looking forward to some possible revisions on the back end.  The first 8.5 minutes have been very effective.  The ballad (and the lead in to it) has needed design attention.  

Almost a week without an audience and the build up to the show could be detrimental or energizing  depending on the night. Routine in performance sometimes helps a run, building on the momentum of the previous night, but also a break in performing could just help get them more juiced for a great run tonight. Depends, and it'll probably be different for each individual.