Knoxville, TN - Thursday, July 11, 2019

3 hours ago, Den8uml said:

BAC & SCV have their first head to head Saturday and Crown will be there too.  The judges kept BAC at 2 points behind Bloo after their long layoff as a guide so it will all shakeout for these three in Memphis.  I really think it will be close and not surprising if the three are within .75 of eachother.  

Not too sure about that.  SCV, BD and Blooo are the favorites for #1. Consider that, look at captions, and it is fare more likely that Boston and Crown, will have 4-5 to themselves with spread to the North and South. I worry about the Cavaliers but we will see. Not to mention early appearance time in DeKalb will not be of assistance.

And yes Crown is another mystery. Boston fought back from the long layoff with a 3+ increase of scores but, it's still unfortunate. They get ahead of Crown, they had momentum, and then they are off for 6 days. 

We will see how it plays out Saturday 

18 minutes ago, Amazed&Stunned said:

Not too sure about that.  SCV, BD and Blooo are the favorites for #1. Consider that, look at captions, and it is fare more likely that Boston and Crown, will have 4-5 to themselves with spread to the North and South. I worry about the Cavaliers but we will see. Not to mention early appearance time in DeKalb will not be of assistance.

And yes Crown is another mystery. Boston fought back from the long layoff with a 3+ increase of scores but, it's still unfortunate. They get ahead of Crown, they had momentum, and then they are off for 6 days. 

We will see how it plays out Saturday 

all part of the plan, save your best stuff for last and peak at finals.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PamahoNow said:

This might be a bit unfair to Crown as they have not competed since the 8th.  We should know more Saturday.

...and The Cavaliers and their changes... Haven't completed all week either....

• Like 1

I would not be at all surprised to see the scores for Boston, SCV and Crown to be close this weekend. Maybe in that order, who knows? 

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, Amazed&Stunned said:

Boston fought back from the long layoff with a 3+ increase of scores but, it's still unfortunate. They get ahead of Crown, they had momentum, and then they are off for 6 days.  

Several days off at this point in the season is a positive for all corps.  Extra quality practice time and the mm can get comfortable with changes/additions.  Some of which may have come about do to judges comments. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Den8uml said:

BAC & SCV have their first head to head Saturday and Crown will be there too.  The judges kept BAC at 2 points behind Bloo after their long layoff as a guide so it will all shakeout for these three in Memphis.  I really think it will be close and not surprising if the three are within .75 of eachother.  

The judges didn't,  BAC kept themselves there with their performance,  the judges just wrote down the appropriate score based on their performance.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, bluecoats88 said:

The judges didn't,  BAC kept themselves there with their performance,  the judges just wrote down the appropriate score based on their performance.

I didn't mean it in a bad way, i think BAC is great.  But if you don't think the judges look at it in that way to guide them to the approximate scores for a corps who was off a long time then had a show with no close competitors, you're being naive.  yes BAC earned the score!  but it's no coincidence that they would be 2 points from bloo before the layoff and then 2 points from bloo once returning.    

1 hour ago, BlueStainGlass said:

Conspiracy

"Bless your heart".

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1