Casper, WY - Friday, July 12, 2019

1 minute ago, Amazed&Stunned said:

My bad. BK is in that same mix. Make it 7-11, just like the store.

If you asked me to commit now?

BK

B Stars 

Crossmen 

Cadets 

Mandarins 

Phantom 

Geez I need to count. That is actually 7-12. I guess what I am saying is the top 6 are the top 6, and here are the bottom 6. What's exciting is the order for the bottom 6 is a total guess at this point. For sure, BK, BS, Crossmen are coming on strong. I am worried about the Mandarins, they still come across as inexperienced. 

I agree with this.  Top six are set.  7 -10 pick ‘em.  

14 minutes ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

I assume DCI didn’t have the budget to give these smaller shows a full panel.

I hope they come up with a rule next year that would make shows like these with 5 or fewer corps in them judged exhibitions.

It is expensive to put on a drum corps show.  DCI gives the sponsor (Troopers) a fixed price.If a smaller panel is the difference in putting on a show or no show I would go with the smaller panel every time.  Corps get paid only  on show days.  

3 minutes ago, dcifanforlife said:

It is expensive to put on a drum corps show.  DCI gives the sponsor (Troopers) a fixed price.If a smaller panel is the difference in putting on a show or no show I would go with the smaller panel every time.  Corps get paid only  on show days.  

Then have it be an exhibition.  They passed a rule back in the winter.  I didn’t do it.  They did. 

Every ticket we have purchased this year has went up in price.  I’m not complaining but I assumed that was to cover the costs of full panels. 

2 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Then have it be an exhibition.  They passed a rule back in the winter.  I didn’t do it.  They did. 

Every ticket we have purchased this year has went up in price.  I’m not complaining but I assumed that was to cover the costs of full panels. 

Who is going to buy a ticket to an exhibition?   Who is going to sponsor an exhibition.  This year we  have had only three short panel shows ( Mesa, Sioux City, Casper) in each case an exception to the full panel rule was granted.   Corps knew when they signed up for these shows that it would be a short panel show.     Is the show  sponsor required to announce in advance that a full panel will not be used?   Exceptions to a rule are standard practice in most situations.  

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

I honestly don't understand why you are freaking out about this.  The scores here don't matter.  I suspect several of the corps incorporated new elements into their shows that needed to be practiced.  Tomorrow night is what matters.

That being said, the Crossmen beating the Cadets in GE is noteworthy.   GE was a full panel.

Go Bones.

Edited by barigirl78
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

I assume DCI didn’t have the budget to give these smaller shows a full panel.

I hope they come up with a rule next year that would make shows like these with 5 or fewer corps in them judged exhibitions.

DCI selects the judges, but the show sponsor picks up the tab. My guess would be this show was sponsored by the Troopers where they had the Hall of Fame induction in the afternoon and I believe an exhibition by Troopers Alumni.

Though the placement of the four corps who competed was what most people would have expected, a full panel would have been more helpful for the corps.

8 hours ago, barigirl78 said:

I honestly don't understand why you are freaking out about this.  The scores here don't matter.  I suspect several of the corps incorporated new elements into their shows that needed to be practiced.  Tomorrow night is what matters.

That being said, the Crossmen beating the Cadets in GE is noteworthy.   GE was a full panel.

Go Bones.

I’m not freaking out about anything, number one,  I don’t freak out about drum corps or anything else for that matter. 

I only mention this because they passed a rule about it last winter.  I guess if you play fast and loose with one rule, what’s to stop you from playing fast and loose with other rules. 

Edited by Terri Schehr