Dubuque, IA - Friday, July 12, 2019

10 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

I'll take that spread

U should . I am pretty stunned actually 

What is most notable on that recap is Nola Jones on effect.

She is a player and she has Cavaliers at 83.5% and the Blue Stars at 82%. WOW. And I mean that WOW for the Blue Stars. What the heck are people not seeing in the Cavaliers. I will have to take a look Saturday for myself. I admit, I did like them out of the gate.

Edited by Amazed&Stunned

Such a great show tonight. I was honestly blown away by the Blue Stars. Excellent show this year.... Cavies were fantastic but I could’ve done without the random vocal segments..

I thought the colts were on fire tonight (no pun intended) probably the best drum line I’ve seen them have in years. Madison seemed a little clunky, but I loved the drill at the end of their opener. The academy seemed like they were biting off of SCV last year and some bluecoats stuff. Still an enjoyable program.

Great night!

posted from the DrumScorps app

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Amazed&Stunned said:

What is most notable on that recap is Nola Jones on effect.

She is a player and she has Cavaliers at 83.5% and the Blue Stars at 82%. WOW. And I mean that WOW for the Blue Stars. What the heck are people not seeing in the Cavaliers. I will have to take a look Saturday for myself. I admit, I did like them out of the gate.

BUT, look at the last two days on GE. Waymire had Blue Stars 2 tenths behind SCV in rep two days ago. So, Jones having them 1.5 from Cavies seems to tell a story of perhaps Blue Star's greatness but not necessarily SCV nor Cavies lack of it. 

4 minutes ago, tigger2 said:

BUT, look at the last two days on GE. Waymire had Blue Stars 2 tenths behind SCV in rep two days ago. So, Jones having them 1.5 from Cavies seems to tell a story of perhaps Blue Star's greatness but not necessarily SCV nor Cavies lack of it. 

I am expecting Blue Stars and Crossmen both to turn some heads as the summer progresses, placing ahead of Cadets and threatening BK when all is said and done. Their shows are better constructed and much more effective. Unless Cadets make major changes, I fear the show falls extremely short in several ways including the awkward and un-followable lackluster narrative.  I know this thread isn't specifically about Cadets, but with Nola Jones and Mark Waymire both making a rep number statement within a few days of each other in support of the Blue Stars' program, maybe my predictions have supported merit. 

• Like 1