FloMarching month-to-month subscription

for me, it says monthly is available for $12.99, cancel anytime....but it also says it's billed in 1 lump/annual payment

scam1.jpg

Here's the payment screen:

scam2.jpg

Pretty sure that if I were stupid enough to fall for this, I wouldn't actually be treated as a month-to-month subscriber when I cancel in mid August. No way they're going to prorate any of that back to me. The email from their horrific customer service would tell me it would be cancelled in in August of 2020 and thanks for that $156 even though I won't watch a single second of BOA or WGI. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lance said:

Pretty sure that if I were stupid enough to fall for this, I wouldn't actually be treated as a month-to-month subscriber when I cancel in mid August. No way they're going to prorate any of that back to me. The email from their horrific customer service would tell me it would be cancelled in in August of 2020 and thanks for that $156 even though I won't watch a single second of BOA or WGI. 

your screen shots were exactly what happened to me - kind of a bait and switch - as soon as I renewed I emailed support and they said they would cancel and refund my annual subscription and bill me monthly until I cancel --

hmm.... we'll see....

• Like 1

I think it's time for DCI to find another streaming option. The question is, does DCI care about the fan base enough to do so? Is DCI in a yearly contract with Flo or is it and extended contract? Could we see the return of the Fan Network, but as a live streaming service? If things continue down this road, I can see DCI and Flo both losing a lot of money because Flo is trying to basically be a con-artist. 

2 hours ago, Lance said:

okay, and now i used google on my phone, and there's a monthly option for $29.99/month

(the one i talked about above was google on my pc, just fyi)

I just signed up for this five minutes ago.  Thirty bucks on my Mastercard then cancel anytime.

I get the next month live streams, including finals.  After finals, cancel.  Done.

+++

I've not subscribed to Flo for about 3 years now.  I was so unhappy with the lack of reliability of their broadcasts, it was very frustrating to try to watch.  I am taking on faith that has all been resolved and I can get a nice reliable feed on my 200 mbs service.

+++

I've signed up on my Windows computer.  I have an iphone 5 so I know I can get the app for that. 

What I'd like to know from you guys is how to get the streams on my Vizio PQ65 smart TV?  It was a new for 2018 model and I have a nice large Klipsch speaker setup I put together for the purpose of watching drum corps Blue-rays.  The Viz has something called Smartcast but I don't see how that helps me.

Edited by wvu80

13 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

What I'd like to know from you guys is how to get the streams on my Vizio PQ65 smart TV?  It was a new for 2018 model and I have a nice large Klipsch speaker setup I put together for the purpose of watching drum corps Blue-rays.  The Viz has something called Smartcast but I don't see how that helps me.

there is an app available for roku or appleTV4k - in your case, I would recommend connecting your windows laptop to your TV via an hdmi cable - this will send the audio and video from the flo into your Vizio -- you'll extend the desktop of your windows laptop and drag the browser window of flo over to the vizio --

smartcast might work for you but you'll get better results with a direct hdmi connection to your tv -- also if possible have your laptop connected to ethernet for best network performance --

smartcast is a way to stream content from a google chrome browser on your laptop, or from an android phone or tablet to your vizio -- I'm not sure if the audio and video quality is going to be as good as an hdmi connection to your laptop --

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

I just signed up for this five minutes ago.  Thirty bucks on my Mastercard then cancel anytime.

I get the next month live streams, including finals.  After finals, cancel.  Done.

+++

I've not subscribed to Flo for about 3 years now.  I was so unhappy with the lack of reliability of their broadcasts, it was very frustrating to try to watch.  I am taking on faith that has all been resolved and I can get a nice reliable feed on my 200 mbs service.

+++

I've signed up on my Windows computer.  I have an iphone 5 so I know I can get the app for that. 

If you have a browser on your TV, you can just use it to watch. Easy and no extra cords from a laptop needed.

• Like 1

I can't figure out any phone options ( Samsung/Android)...thought that was supposed to work..oh well...

• Like 1

Having read some comments that DCI was unaware of what Flo was doing regarding live-streaming of DCI’S OWN CONTENT, is just another example of other issues that the DCI office has claimed they had no knowledge of.  

Edited by drumcorpsfever
  • Sad 1