FloMarching month-to-month subscription

21 hours ago, wvu80 said:

What I'd like to know from you guys is how to get the streams on my Vizio PQ65 smart TV?  It was a new for 2018 model and I have a nice large Klipsch speaker setup I put together for the purpose of watching drum corps Blue-rays.  The Viz has something called Smartcast but I don't see how that helps me.

Looks like that TV has google chromecast built-in. So, the first thing I would try is using chrome (I guess on your PC, since your phone is apple) to login and start the stream, and then try casting it to the TV.

As a general rule, though, I prefer "dumb" TVs, and would rather make them smarter myself using dedicated smart devices (like Roku, FireTV, etc). Flo has a channel on the Roku device that makes tuning into the streams a (relative) breeze.

• Like 1

On 7/13/2019 at 2:42 PM, wvu80 said:

What I'd like to know from you guys is how to get the streams on my Vizio PQ65 smart TV?  It was a new for 2018 model and I have a nice large Klipsch speaker setup I put together for the purpose of watching drum corps Blue-rays.  The Viz has something called Smartcast but I don't see how that helps me.

You can try a wonky casting setup, or use the dedicated Flo app for Apple TV.

Edited by jeffmolnar
  • Like 1

Thanks guys, I'll try that.

+++

I watched the triple broadcast from Flo last night.  I have 200 mps internet hard wired on my computer and I had lock up and frozen video all night long.  The two live broadcasts for both on hi-cam and multi-cam. I didn't check lock up on the standstill. The audio was pretty good and didn't lock up at all. 

In sum, it was a very frustrating experience.  It's exactly the reason why I didn't renew  with Flo three years ago.  Any suggestions on the freeze problem?

Edited by wvu80

On 7/13/2019 at 4:01 PM, tedrick said:

I would recommend connecting your windows laptop to your TV via an hdmi cable -

I don't have a laptop.

Frankly for finals it would be a pain but if I knew I would get a clean feed I would drag my computer setup to the living room.  With the frustrating video freeze more than 80% of the time, what's the point? 

On 7/13/2019 at 4:19 PM, Incognito365 said:

If you have a browser on your TV, you can just use it to watch. Easy and no extra cords from a laptop needed.

I don't think there is a browser but I'll look. 

I know a few years ago on the old Sony smart blue-ray player it had a browser but it would not work with Flo.  That could have been the fault of the low tech POC integrated browser that was so clunky and cumbersome is was practically useless.

My Iphone 5 has Safari and I can download other such as Firefox for IOS but I don't think I can use Smartcast with them.

Edited by wvu80

1 hour ago, wvu80 said:

I know a few years ago on the old Sony smart blue-ray player it had a browser but it would not work with Flo.  That could have been the fault of the low tech POC integrated browser that was so clunky and cumbersome is was practically useless.

My Iphone 5 has Safari and I can download other such as Firefox for IOS but I don't think I can use Smartcast with them.

from doing a few cursory google searches, it looks like smartcast is fairly straightforward - https://www.vizio.com/smartcast-how-to-cast I would be curious if a phone can provide the network throughput for a good streaming experience -- I think you might have the best experience with either a roku or an appleTV

this year I have not experienced any problems with my flo streams - I'm just using an old mac mini connected to a flat panel display and the mac mini is connected to our home router via ethernet -- firefox and chrome browsers seem to behave themselves well with the flo --

2 hours ago, wvu80 said:

If it runs off of Android, there should be a browser or an option to download one.

3 hours ago, wvu80 said:

Thanks guys, I'll try that.

+++

I watched the triple broadcast from Flo last night.  I have 200 mps internet hard wired on my computer and I had lock up and frozen video all night long.  The two live broadcasts for both on hi-cam and multi-cam. I didn't check lock up on the standstill. The audio was pretty good and didn't lock up at all. 

In sum, it was a very frustrating experience.  It's exactly the reason why I didn't renew  with Flo three years ago.  Any suggestions on the freeze problem?

This is MY connection...

8417244014.png

and I STILL FROZE...it was definitely FLO and not your setup...

• Like 1

I'm using the Flosports app on Fire TV. I've had zero issues with any of the streamed shows this summer.