FloMarching month-to-month subscription

4 hours ago, Glenn426 said:

Why in the world would FLO go to Belton this week instead of Denton?

Such a stupid decision for flo. They really do sk  at their job. 

21 minutes ago, Precious Roy said:

they sk at coverage of drum corps. I don't follow or watch all the sports they are broadcasting content on. They found a way to make money off of dci fans where they provide a garbage product. 

Well it seems like FLo is reading this Thread.

So;

#1) Spend Money on increasing the Bandwidth of your Service. Nobody and I mean NOBODY cares about your extra video snippets, endless articles, opinion pieces, if the main reason we are paying for your service is to watch the shows.

#2) Hire experienced Directors ( With Marching arts experience) for your live Multi Cams who understand the marching arts and are following the show. (In many cases, the guard is telling the "story of the show" So When the hornline is standing still, follow the tosses that will lead you to what the designers want you to see, or better yet avoid close up shots outside of soloist ( If you can find them, which to the in-experienced Director, A trumpet solo is not the 3rd baritone playing long tones) 

#3) Move the boom mics from the Edge of the field ( on top of the corps) to the Stands. about 75 to 125 Feet away from the field that can pick up the sound coming from the front speakers in a Stereo Set up so that the sound coming from the speakers is blended with the Acoustic sound on the field and your paying customer can get a true in the stands sound of the corps. Many times you do not have a knowledgeable person running the EQ and "artificial" balance issues are created that the people in the stands dont ever deal with.

#4) Spend money on getting to more shows. Once again if this means that you don't have video interviews and all that other "extra" stuff then so be it, Averaging 1.75 live events a week for the season is pretty bad considering the Live DCI option before you covered almost every show live in the season.

#5) Dont be Jerks when people tell you that your service is not working. There are plenty of people who spend the money on your streaming service and also have very fast internet connections and all we want is to get what we paid for. Blaming someone who has a 1GB internet connections for having slow internet is incredibly irresponsible. 

#6) Make the app available on Google Play Store.

• Thanks 3

2 hours ago, E3D said:

Such a stupid decision for flo. They really do sk  at their job. 

may not have been Flo's call. 

38 minutes ago, Glenn426 said:

Well it seems like FLo is reading this Thread.

So;

#1) Spend Money on increasing the Bandwidth of your Service. Nobody and I mean NOBODY cares about your extra video snippets, endless articles, opinion pieces, if the main reason we are paying for your service is to watch the shows.

#2) Hire experienced Directors ( With Marching arts experience) for your live Multi Cams who understand the marching arts and are following the show. (In many cases, the guard is telling the "story of the show" So When the hornline is standing still, follow the tosses that will lead you to what the designers want you to see, or better yet avoid close up shots outside of soloist ( If you can find them, which to the in-experienced Director, A trumpet solo is not the 3rd baritone playing long tones) 

#3) Move the boom mics from the Edge of the field ( on top of the corps) to the Stands. about 75 to 125 Feet away from the field that can pick up the sound coming from the front speakers in a Stereo Set up so that the sound coming from the speakers is blended with the Acoustic sound on the field and your paying customer can get a true in the stands sound of the corps. Many times you do not have a knowledgeable person running the EQ and "artificial" balance issues are created that the people in the stands dont ever deal with.

#4) Spend money on getting to more shows. Once again if this means that you don't have video interviews and all that other "extra" stuff then so be it, Averaging 1.75 live events a week for the season is pretty bad considering the Live DCI option before you covered almost every show live in the season.

#5) Dont be Jerks when people tell you that your service is not working. There are plenty of people who spend the money on your streaming service and also have very fast internet connections and all we want is to get what we paid for. Blaming someone who has a 1GB internet connections for having slow internet is incredibly irresponsible. 

#6) Make the app available on Google Play Store.

per #4, there are a lot of people that like the fluff...they aren't the diehards like us, which is where they make the bulk of the money from DCI.

#3 spot on.

#5...this has been my #1 complaint since day 1, and i've taken them to task on social media and gotten some rude personal replies. Needless to say i made those replies public. I think they know me by now. The problem is, until enough people stop paying, they won't change...they've got the market cornered, and it takes a layer of rights headaches off of the DCI office's plate. 

#2 supposedly they have people there that DO know the activity. I think honestly, they should be getting info from the corps from day 1, with updates as shows change. Then again, not even Tom Blair is perfect

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

#5...this has been my #1 complaint since day 1, and i've taken them to task on social media and gotten some rude personal replies. Needless to say i made those replies public. I think they know me by now. The problem is, until enough people stop paying, they won't change...they've got the market cornered, and it takes a layer of rights headaches off of the DCI office's plate

I wonder what deal they got from FLO for all three major Marching Arts organizations to ditch their own endeavors into Live Streaming and move to FLO.

IMO its been a major letdown in the amount of overall reach that the activity has. Everything is behind a paywall and only live viewing allowed. NO DVR Function all technologies that is available.

And Frankly I think FLO has manufactured this paranoia around copyright to suit their own needs.

The pathetic offering of a Recorded video with no Audio to an activity that relies heavily on the Audio/Visual relationship is awful. 

Something that the BOD of the three organizations are responsible for, and something that they should have to answer for,

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Glenn426 said:

I wonder what deal they got from FLO for all three major Marching Arts organizations to ditch their own endeavors into Live Streaming and move to FLO.

IMO its been a major letdown in the amount of overall reach that the activity has. Everything is behind a paywall and only live viewing allowed. NO DVR Function all technologies that is available.

And Frankly I think FLO has manufactured this paranoia around copyright to suit their own needs.

The pathetic offering of a Recorded video with no Audio to an activity that relies heavily on the Audio/Visual relationship is awful. 

Something that the BOD of the three organizations are responsible for, and something that they should have to answer for,

honestly....now the sync rights are Flo's headache for the live broadcasts. DCi just has to worry about for cd/dvd. I will say the year Flo did DCA, stadium issues aside ( that was not Flo by any means), it was far better than what DCA has had before or after. and DCI coverage has gotten better, as has WGI ( i usually only tune in a little during BOA). Still some issues, mostly resulting from bandwidth ( and never their fault, just contact them). Still some issues with camera shot changes ( like memphis oy), but then again Memphis was at the outer edges of the tropical storm coming up, so i cut them a little slack there with freezes etc. 

In fact my annual biggest complaint, commercials being louder than the shows has been improved. it is annoying tho when all of a sudden your feed is muted and you didn't touch anything or you go from multi cam to high cam for no reason. 

The recorded video with no audio IMO is stupid, but to get playback rights would cost 6 figures on top of  what is already paid. I just wouldn't show the video sans sound, but not my call. I guess some people like it.

And no, Flo hasn't created paranoia about licensing. Flo is doing whats legal. DCI cut a BIG check to various licensers to cover past willful ignorance of licensing laws.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

. it is annoying tho when all of a sudden your feed is muted and you didn't touch anything or you go from multi cam to high cam for no reason. 

This has been my biggest issue with every broadcast this summer thus far...kind of glad to hear it’s not just me.  I was worried it was something on my end, and I have an outstanding fast connection and late model desktop computer.  I just don’t get why they won’t address issues.  Contacted them twice now about it and got the standard “clear your cache, use latest google chrome, make sure you use a wired connection, etc. blah blah blah.”   Been there, done that, multiple times.  

And I don’t get it, because last summer I had zero issues with any of the streams.  

1 hour ago, leed17 said:

This has been my biggest issue with every broadcast this summer thus far...kind of glad to hear it’s not just me.  I was worried it was something on my end, and I have an outstanding fast connection and late model desktop computer.  I just don’t get why they won’t address issues.  Contacted them twice now about it and got the standard “clear your cache, use latest google chrome, make sure you use a wired connection, etc. blah blah blah.”   Been there, done that, multiple times.  

And I don’t get it, because last summer I had zero issues with any of the streams.  

I haven't bothered contacting them about it yet. Probably next week if it still happens i'll go to their social media feeds.