FloMarching month-to-month subscription

4 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

I haven't bothered contacting them about it yet. Probably next week if it still happens i'll go to their social media feeds.

I just browsed their Facebook posts from this past weekend and surprise, surprise, The comments show that there are 28 comments on the Memphis post but only 3 are visible to the public, They are hiding comments on their Facebook message.

Just an absolute trainwreck this company is..

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Glenn426 said:

I just browsed their Facebook posts from this past weekend and surprise, surprise, The comments show that there are 28 comments on the Memphis post but only 3 are visible to the public, They are hiding comments on their Facebook message.

Just an absolute trainwreck this company is..

not surprised at all. and I know they lurk here, because in past messages from people there, they quoted things I have said here.

and until enough people stop paying for it, nothing changes.

On 7/14/2019 at 10:13 PM, tedrick said:

try speedtest.net to verify that you are getting 200 down --
which browser are you using?

I used speedtest.net on a regular basis.  I typically get 217 upload and 24 download, about 20% higher than what I'm paying for.  My ping is usually about 8 ms.

The browser is Firefox Quantum and it is up-to-date version 68.0

I could try Chrome or whatever MS is offering these days if you think it would help.

Here is the speedtest I did just now, 217/28 and a ping of 8.  when I run speedtest is pegs right off the bat at 217 and stays there.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ao9ZM0jKLDUYp2hlWTpK45svdjSY

Edited by wvu80

21 hours ago, Glenn426 said:

I have a 1 GB Fiber connection and it was 100 % issues with bandwith on FLO's side.

I'm not so sure.  I'm not disagreeing with you, it's just that I'm not sure if there is a problem in the connection between them and me.

For instance I get 200 mbs service and a ping of 8 ms to Suddenlink.  But if I check the connection between West Virginia and California there can be a ping of up to 40 ms.  I wonder if this delay could be causing the problem?  Could some sort of cache or buffering help what might be the problem?

I'd like to hear some networking guys weigh in.  I sure don't know the problem, nor the solution.  I just know the symptoms.

Edited by wvu80

23 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

I used speedtest.net on a regular basis.  I typically get 217 upload and 24 download, about 20% higher than what I'm paying for.  My ping is usually about 8 ms.

The browser is Firefox Quantum and it is up-to-date version 68.0

I could try Chrome or whatever MS is offering these days if you think it would help.

Here is the speedtest I did just now, 217/28 and a ping of 8.  when I run speedtest is pegs right off the bat at 217 and stays there.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ao9ZM0jKLDUYp2hlWTpK45svdjSY

200 down is pretty nice! definitely fast enough -

I can't remember if flo is using flash or some sort of html5 video streaming solution -- I think for general universality, chrome might be the safest option --

I guess all other things being equal, doing a fresh restart - not having any other apps open and only having the browser open with the flo is going to set you up for the best streaming experience --

• Like 1

Just now, tedrick said:

200 down is pretty nice! definitely fast enough -

I can't remember if flo is using flash or some sort of html5 video streaming solution -- I think for general universality, chrome might be the safest option --

I guess all other things being equal, doing a fresh restart - not having any other apps open and only having the browser open with the flo is going to set you up for the best streaming experience --

and thats still no guarantee

13 minutes ago, tedrick said:

chrome might be the safest option --

fresh restart -

not having any other apps open and

only having the browser open with the flo is going to set you up for the best streaming experience --

I'll try them all.  Thanks for the suggestions.  👍

They automatically renewed my subscription for 150.00 a year even thought I never received any information or headway of any charge. I wrote to them that Calif. Law indicates  these kinds of subscription needs to be done not automatically but the consumer has to be the one who does this and not a company. No company can't just renew a subscription at least under CA law without first consent by the consumer. 

12 minutes ago, DFA1970 said:

They automatically renewed my subscription for 150.00 a year even thought I never received any information or headway of any charge. I wrote to them that Calif. Law indicates  these kinds of subscription needs to be done not automatically but the consumer has to be the one who does this and not a company. No company can't just renew a subscription at least under CA law without first consent by the consumer. 

if I recall in the terms and conditions upon initial purchase, it states this will be done unless the customer so notifies them.