It’s just standing around. It’s also running around.

Just now, HolyNOLA said:

At least we marched at played at the same time. *gasp*

As do the performers today. In fact most do just as much with more difficult music and added body responsibilities. 

Don't get me wrong I love drum corps from all eras but reality is just reality.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Spatzzz said:

As do the performers today. In fact most do just as much with more difficult music and added body responsibilities. 

Don't get me wrong I love drum corps from all eras but reality is just reality.

Fake news 

• Haha 2

I gotta tell ya, marching up and down that 50 yard line was murder. And the 4 count turns, my gosh! 

Today's corps with their moves and athleticism simply amazes me. If we had 10% of the creativeness and innovation of today's corps in the 70s, we'd been iconic. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Spatzzz said:

:doh:

Tell me Spatzzz, when's the last time any corps marched (and played) for a sustained period of time above 200 BPM? I bet you have to go a few years back. 

Edited by HolyNOLA

2 minutes ago, HolyNOLA said:

Tell me Spatzzz, when's the last time any corps marched (and played) for a sustained period if time above 200 BPM? I bet you have to go a few years back. 

You act like that is the hardest thing that someone could do. I've seen videos of HS marching bands doing this. In fact there was a HS from TX that basically had the same drill and musical responsibilities of an old Cadets show (I believe Sacktig did their drill). Anyway, if HS kids ranging from 13-17 on way less rehearsal time can do it well......I don't see why you want to argue so badly both era's and styles have value and they are both great. I just have the opinion that today's product requires more physical, musical and mental demand.

https://youtu.be/K-BtdVMQuDc

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Spatzzz said:

You act like that is the hardest thing that someone could do. I've seen videos of HS marching bands doing this. In fact there was a HS from TX that basically had the same drill and musical responsibilities of an old Cadets show (I believe Sacktig did their drill). Anyway, if HS kids ranging from 13-17 on way less rehearsal time can do it well......I don't see why you want to argue so badly both era's and styles have value and they are both great. I just have the opinion that today's product requires more physical, musical and mental demand.

https://youtu.be/K-BtdVMQuDc

You didn't answer the question