8:23 PM    Intermission
8:43 PM    Troopers - Casper, WY
9:00 PM    Crossmen - San Antonio, TX
9:17 PM    The Cadets - Allentown, PA
9:34 PM    Blue Devils - Concord, CA
9:51 PM    Blue Knights - Denver, CO
10:08 PM    Scores Announced

Broncos Stadium at Mile High
1701 Bryant Street (I-25 and 19th Street)
Denver, CO 80204

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don’t believe it will happen in Denver, or even by the season’s end, but I do think Cadets are really vulnerable with a particularly poor overall show design in a year where their competitors and those immediately below them all seem to have hit design home runs. This will be Xmen & Cadets’ first time in recent weeks though meeting up head to head with a full judging panel, so that should give us a clearer picture.

Cascades really need to pop a mid-60s number tonight if they’d like to be in the hunt for Semis; Louisiana Stars & Southwind have started strong and are already trending towards there, let alone the Gold/Spartans/Legends tier above them. Who knows where Guardians will fit into all of that.

Can’t wait to see the Troop/PacCrest match up in person!!!! I’m really loving both shows!

For my money, I’m guessing BK puts out an impressive score tonight now that this beautiful show has started to gel. I do believe it will be Stars & BK vying for the top of the lower 6 Finalists by the time August rolls around.

Best of luck tonight at Mile High everyone!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ComeHomeShane said:

Do Crossmen pass Cadets tonight? When was the last time Crossmen beat Cadets? Ever?

July 7, 1992

--------------- Tuesday, July 7 --------------- Kingston, NY DCE

1 Crossmen 76.2

2 Cadets of Bergen Cty. 75.2

3 Dutch Boy 61.1

Division II

1 Ventures 60.7

2 Springfield Ambass 33.9

3 Quest 30.1

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ComeHomeShane said:

Do Crossmen pass Cadets tonight? When was the last time Crossmen beat Cadets? Ever?

I would be very surprised if Crossmen pass Cadets. There's still an over one point gap which could well change quickly to two once a full panel is in the mix. Field judges in music I'm thinking specifically.

9 minutes ago, mfrontz said:

I would be very surprised if Crossmen pass Cadets. There's still an over one point gap which could well change quickly to two once a full panel is in the mix. Field judges in music I'm thinking specifically.

I would be very surprised to. I think Blue Knights & Blue Stars have a real chance to beat Cadets. Oh, 92 Crossmen was a great show, my favorite years for Crossmen were 89-92.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mfrontz said:

The most encouraging thing was how Crossmen squeaked by Cadets in GE last night.  The last time they faced with a full panel, Crossmen also took the Cadets in Visual on the basis of that great Color Guard they have this year.  Cadets strength over the Crossmen is Music.  I'd say the only way Crossmen could catch the Cadets is for the Bones Percussion scores to get better.  They don't have to beat them in that caption, however.  Just get better.

• Like 1

I’ll be watching a lot of this one tonight.  A lot of shows I haven’t seen, or at least in awhile.  The Columbians/Battalion duo is fantastic in open class.   Haven’t seen Seattle Cascades this season.   Pacific Crest is very fun.   Etc.  

• Like 1

This is a Great Show that I wish I could see live every year. Drums Along The Rockies at Mile High is one of the best venues the entire season and always brings such an electric and amazing audience. 

The Blue Devils are always stellar, but this year marks one one of the best middle tier lineups in quite some time for Drums- BK, Cadets and Crossmen are gonna be fun to watch. This aught to be a downright joy to see and watch tonight!!! Best wishes to all- GO BK, DO IT UP!!

Wes Perkins