Denver, CO - Saturday, July 13, 2019

FYI:  I'm hearing PC skipped the standstill due to the heavy emphasis of electronics in their show. 

1 hour ago, Musicman1084 said:

Six quads! Thought I saw five at first, but the sixth was tucked away behind bass 6. And I'm loving that there's yet another option for Cymbal players out there.

The Cymbal line is always the most entertaining section in drum corps, and usually full of clowns. Our Cymbal line in the 1981 Scouts was the heart and soul of the drum line. 5 guys who were funny as heck. I miss marching Cymbal lines. SCV was always the gold standard and Madison Scouts used to have great Cymbal lines as well. Glad to see the Colts marching Cymbals this year.

So from a few comments from last night Blue Devils didn't do a standstill performance of their show music, but The Columbians did? If so Good on The Columbians.

Edited by Zeke

38 minutes ago, Zeke said:

So from a few comments from last night Blue Devils didn't do a standstill performance of their show music, but The Columbians did? If so Good on The Columbians.

Blue Devils performed in a different spot than the posted order. When they did perform, they played a warmup and then followed up with their closer.

We watched BD do an encore in Ashland, OR a few weeks ago, and we’re not very impressed.  They came off flat and uninspired.  They did a pop song (Rosanna?) and a small piece of their show, which was weird without the electronics.  I was really hoping to have my ears blown out with some BD swag, but not so.

Edited by WaxDCIFan

I totally get the disappointment with last night - but if we're going to criticize anyone - let's target Mother Nature

The corps were all spread out in various states of unloading etc

Most didn't have pits and/or battery equipment unloaded

Due to the delays doing so would have caused further delays in leaving - on a night already with a long trip

Most corps driving half a long drive to split for the drivers. Time allotments for the drivers legal limits also played a role

Corps had a few minutes to warm up and ten minutes or so to perform - so they did their best to provide "something" for the fans who stuck around. Certain corps had to leave due to transportation restrictions. 

Certainly not an ideal situation - but it was what it was. 

George

Edited by George Dixon
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, CrownBariDad said:

FYI:  I'm hearing PC skipped the standstill due to the heavy emphasis of electronics in their show. 

It *may* have had to do with the length of their drive afterwards and the lateness of their getting on the field. Leaving the show site a couple of hours later than planned can have a real impact on the corps looking at a long overnight drive.