Memphis, TN - Saturday, July 13, 2019

3 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Has SCV really gone to the synth for the lower brass enhancements?

Seems like they took a page out of the Bluecoat's and BD's playbooks.

6 minutes ago, Incognito365 said:

Edited by trumpetcam

1 minute ago, Glenn426 said:

SCV has the best show, They are getting a bad wrap. Imagine this SCV show and having never seen or experienced SCV 2018.

Then we would have to compare it to Ouroboros, which was another great show and which this show is also a letdown in comparison to.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, karuna said:

No they mic their tuba line for the entire show 😕

Is this verified? I know the Sousa is mic'd but I was just about to mention that that Contra line is giving me Silky Smooth FFF Sustains in the closer..

Whatever it is they are doing it is blended well and it sounds absolutely amazing... 

Just now, trumpetcam said:

Cool, well Im sure many of us  prefer a music book with harder keys, more harmony and more individual part responsibility, than playing in Bb and Eb on unison section parts. Much easier to clean and tune, Crown has perfected it. It sounds great, I appreciate the quality, much easier to do in the long run. To each his own I guess? Its a choice and competitively its what you get in the long run. 

Why is that always the go to for Crown haters? Lol. I enjoy watching the Bb Major Crown chords over the years videos on YouTube. :guinesssmilie:

1 minute ago, Glenn426 said:

Is this verified? I know the Sousa is mic'd but I was just about to mention that that Contra line is giving me Silky Smooth FFF Sustains in the closer..

Whatever it is they are doing it is blended well and it sounds absolutely amazing... 

Who knew? lol

26 minutes ago, fanman said:

I feel like Flo's already done that tonight

🤣🤣🤣🤣 Outstanding response

Ok, that drum line is COCKY!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

Then we would have to compare it to Ouroboros, which was another great show and which this show is also a letdown in comparison to.

I think I like this one better than Ouroboros.

• Like 2

I think this year's SCV show is similar to last year in many ways, however, it feels different enough at the same time. I'd definitely say last year's was more enjoyable, but this year is definitely not as bad as some are making it out to be. Still a definite medal contender. Still an enjoyable production. Side note, watching some recent video of BD has me very excited to see them in Atlanta. Loving that show immensely.

• Like 1