Memphis, TN - Saturday, July 13, 2019

Just now, ThePlanets said:

Haven't seen them live yet but they seem to have a better hornline than last year. The show isn't as smooth (no my body is a cage) but it also isn't as aggressive. It's the visuals I'm not into yet.

This and the ballad for me. 

• Like 1

Just now, Incognito365 said:

I'm not saying it's bad, I just don't enjoy it. I've tried many times over the season and every time I'm left with the same feeling about it...

I wasn't directly aiming this at you, I understand that it isn't your (or many others) cup of tea. It isn't my favorite show of the year either. I'm definitely in agreement about the visual program. I wish there was more. I miss the drill aspect that I get from Boston and Crown.

2 minutes ago, ThePlanets said:

I think I like this one better than Ouroboros.

Your opinion, not mine.

This is probably my least favorite show from SCV since 2011. Ironically, both ballads from those shows are redeeming factors for me.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Glenn426 said:

Is this verified? I know the Sousa is mic'd but I was just about to mention that that Contra line is giving me Silky Smooth FFF Sustains in the closer..

Whatever it is they are doing it is blended well and it sounds absolutely amazing... 

Saw it at Stanford. Every Tuba has a wireless mic package. Sounded nice. Beats the heck out of synthesized goo. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, kinetic inferno11 said:

I wasn't directly aiming this at you, I understand that it isn't your (or many others) cup of tea. It isn't my favorite show of the year either. I'm definitely in agreement about the visual program. I wish there was more. I miss the drill aspect that I get from Boston and Crown.

I just felt like throwing that out there. Lol. Ask anyone, my first love was SCV (when I marry my spouse will have to share my heart with 1987), but I just can't get behind this show.

Edited by Incognito365

1 minute ago, fanman said:

Those are fighting words.

Lol I was stating an opinion, not fact.

Ouroboros was extremely well executed and I was rooting for it to win...but it was a little boring in spots. I am not getting the boredom this year but I am also not necessarily rooting for an SCV win.

16 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

I hope seeing this show live makes me like it because it's still leaving me so cold.  They're too good for me to feel that way.  I'll find out in a week.  

I predict you will feel differently :lle:

2 minutes ago, ThePlanets said:

So who is the winner here?

WE ARE!

• Like 5