Memphis, TN - Saturday, July 13, 2019

1 minute ago, Glenn426 said:

Looking at the panel I start to lock into some of the tenured judges that you know will be there Finals Week and have the clout to set standards.

Nola Jones

SCV 17.5

Crown 17.4

BAC 17.3

AS a GE judge that is a virtual Tie. ###### that BAC didnt give her a better read because she could've shaked things up tonight.. 

The content numbers bode well for SCV. Crown is outplaying their rep and SCV has room to clean and get performance up. It’s only one judge opinion, but It’s a great spot in those GE captions. I’m sure no one is sleeping on the defending champions pulling it together and being there at th end again. This design team, staff and members are too good to fade away so quickly.

Just now, just_another_fanatic said:

Just because you don’t like a show doesn’t it make it bad. 

And just because you don’t like a show, doesn’t mean the judges don’t and that the judges won’t reward it well. I think Vanguard’s brass, percussion and guard are just too good for them not to medal. They could win music, they could win guard, which means they should fair well in visual and GE. We’ll see what happens, but clearly the judges find something worth rewarding in Vanguard’s show because they are scoring very well.

• Like 1

BK performing their full show on Flo. Woo hoo!

Edited by POSITIVenrgy
  • Like 2

For now, it appears that SCV, Bloo, and BD fighting for 1st and Crown and BAC for 4th. Of course, this could change over the course of the season. 

Can't wait for San Antonio.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, karuna said:

left room?  we're not in Indy yet :confused: 

Yeah what are these BAC fans smokin. There is no "Linear scoring methodology." There is plenty of room to work with points wise right now, if the judges felt a corps did a certain amount better than the other, they assessed them that way. 

13 hours ago, trumpetcam said:

Say what you want about Crown, but I don't think the defending Ott Award winners are going to go down without a fight!

In the not-so-recent past I would agree. However, in today’s DCI, music effect and GE is bleeding into sectional performance scoring/ranking more than it ever has. Unless Crown can come up with a design book that is the “next best thing”, it may be time to re-think the design methodology. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, drumcorpsfever said:

In the not-so-recent past I would agree. However, in today’s DCI, music effect and GE is bleeding into sectional performance scoring/ranking more than it ever has. Unless Crown can come up with a design book that is the “next best thing”, it may be time to re-think the design methodology. 

You are assuming that this year's book does not measure up. I disagree... and the demand in which they are accomplishing it is way ahead of the others. No need to re-think design... just have to execute... although they way other brass sections are mic'd (Crown does not) does give me some reason for concern.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, MusicManNJ said:

You are assuming that this year's book does not measure up. I disagree... and the demand in which they are accomplishing it is way ahead of the others. No need to re-think design... just have to execute... although they way other brass sections are mic'd (Crown does not) does give me some reason for concern.

The scores from last night seem to disagree. Crown only beat SCV in content in one caption (visual analysis) and that too only by a tenth of a point. "Way ahead of the others" in demand is a gross exaggeration

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

The scores from last night seem to disagree. Crown only beat SCV in content in one caption (visual analysis) and that too only by a tenth of a point. "Way ahead of the others" in demand is a gross exaggeration

Time will tell... IMHO the visual design and demand is way ahead of the others. Whether or not this is gets any credit with the judges remains to be seen. It does not change the fact that they march and play way more than the others in the top 6 (again... my opinion that I know is shared by others).

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1