Memphis, TN - Saturday, July 13, 2019

3 minutes ago, Den8uml said:

can you explain the major music issues you heard tonight, please? Because my Flo was in and out. 

I heard two, French Horn Solo had major feedback in the ballad, to the point that first phrase was not audible.. Euph, F horn balance issues in the ballad (Might be a Flo issue sincee they are picking up live sound from Speakers and not Box.

Screaming Sop at the end of My Shot/ Rocky Fracked the note and didnt play anything else, didn't re-attempt, just laid out his entire solo.. 

The Musical Change at the Death of Goliath didnt feel there yet.. Kinda clunky...

• Thanks 3

1 minute ago, DrumManTx said:

I'm not huge on Carolina Crowns show, but I will say that I am very glad to see that they won visual analysis.  

they marched a much cleaner program tonight and it felt a lot more locked in musically

• Like 4

Edited by Den8uml
  • Confused 1

Crown was THIIIIIIS close to beating BD’s last score for a placement in the top tier next week.

But as the tiers look now that all scores from tonight are in, I’d say all the tier placements are pretty fair.

Tonight bodes well for Vanguard remaining in a medalist position, IMO, losing only 4 out of 16 sub-captions against Crown is a very good position to be in. I can’t wait to see Vanguard’s changes. Hopefully, they will give them a further boost.

Looking at the panel I start to lock into some of the tenured judges that you know will be there Finals Week and have the clout to set standards.

Nola Jones

SCV 17.5

Crown 17.4

BAC 17.3

AS a GE judge that is a virtual Tie. ###### that BAC didnt give her a better read because she could've shaked things up tonight.. 

1 hour ago, George Dixon said:

Hmmm... that might be our fifth place corps this season. The guard looks like a 6th place unit and that's going to hurt them compared to Boston

I really love the opener, the ballad and the closer. I'm not sure I love them together so much

Sops have some individuals sticking out visually

It's another incredible show from Crown - but at this level the details get so BIG

6 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

they marched a much cleaner program tonight and it felt a lot more locked in musically

George you crack me up sometimes.  You're so....adaptable.  

Edited by karuna
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4