DeKalb, IL - Saturday, July 13, 2019

Just now, DrumManTx said:

Some really great moments, and some moments that still need a lot of polishing for Mandarins.  I knew when I first saw this show that it was gonna be an animal for them to clean and that's starting to show a little bit.  Lots of dirt in there, especially musically.  I wouldn't be shocked if PR beat them tonight.  That said, it's just a cleaning game for them.  I think they have one of the better designed shows in the 6 - 12 range.  I don't think it's really at any risk of falling out of the top 12.  Still love it!  

Honestly, I'm delighted to see them taking on more.  They're being ambitious about not only staying top 12 but wanting to move up.  Inside the Ink was no lightning in a bottle show as we saw with last year's solid follow up.  This year shows more of the same.  

I love that they've carved out a stylistic niche all their own.

• Like 1

Just now, soccerguy315 said:

Mandarins design is there this year. They might've gone a little too far, but they can bring out the hose if needed.

yup def a strong program

Just now, KVG_DC said:

Honestly, I'm delighted to see them taking on more.  They're being ambitious about not only staying top 12 but wanting to move up.  Inside the Ink was no lightning in a bottle show as we saw with last year's solid follow up.  This year shows more of the same.  

I love that they've carved out a stylistic niche all their own.

Oh I totally agree.  I'm just keeping myself in check, I still LOVE this show and the niche they've carved out, it's just go time on the cleaning.  

I'll take a really ambitious show that is smartly done over safe and boring any day.  

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

I'm not sure what I was expecting from Mandarins at this stage but something seemed a little off...

They've made a number of adjustments to transitions (that are good) and still have sections that need some serious cleaning attention.   This show is beyond what this corps has done before demand wise so I think they're feeling their way through the process of doing this much.   I suspect by San Antonio, we'll see this together a lot more.

I liked Madison tonight but then Colts followed and they are clearly 3 - 4 points better. Scouts sound is just smaller than everyone else.