DeKalb, IL - Saturday, July 13, 2019

8 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

What if Phantom had fun? I mean I always loved Phantom when I was a kid but it seems like they basically do the same show every year. Dark and moody and ballsy, but...just wish I could be surprised by them just once.

I've actually thought about this a lot lately. 05? 07? 15? Not many light-hearted years in the bunch...

1 minute ago, PopcornEater1963 said:

BAC caught Cavaliers in late July (Atlanta) and never gave that lead back over the next 2-3 weeks. 

It’s going to be interesting to see them both on the field tomorrow night! 

BAC will top Cavaliers by about 2-2.5pts IMO

no question Bloo will close out the proceedings at San Antonio.

posted from the DrumScorps app

• Like 1

Just now, Jeffe77 said:

no question Bloo will close out the proceedings at San Antonio.

it's a draw in groups of 3 - so them, BD & SCV will be a random draw. Right?

• Like 1

Just now, George Dixon said:

BAC will top Cavaliers by about 2-2.5pts IMO

Well... Bluecoats were 4 points ahead of Cavaliers and Boston was much closer to them...so yeah. I don't think that's a bold prediction

22 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

I feel very similarly about Phantom Regiment that I do about Cadets.  They are starting to REALLY sell this show and are in way better shape performance wise than June had indicated.  Really solid percussion and musical performance overall.  They've made some really smart changes too, I'm so glad that they got rid of the I AM JOAN bit and the like.  

That said, I think the performers are way better than the show they're being given.  I'm glad they're not in the state a lot of people thought they'd be in at this point, but I still think they need to take a really hard look at their placement trends and overall design/programming and make some decisions.  Not going up in placement since 2012 is a pretty stark trend.  They might maintain or go up one or two this year, but I still think they can do so much better.  And I say that as someone who PR made fall in love with the activity about ten years ago.  I want them to have a show that fires on all cylinders so badly!  Do something bold and different but in a PR way!  2005 sticks out as a show that did that.  

But that all said, congrats on really kicking it into high gear to stay in finals and then some.  The show has grown immensely since Detroit.  Just wanna see them given a product that they're not fighting all season.  

Well said,

Couldn’t agree more, it’s time to update the brand but keep the DNA. Show design and pacing really is bizarre in this program. Lots of head scratching amidst much better performance achievement from June.

1 minute ago, Cicook7 said:

Well said,

Couldn’t agree more, it’s time to update the brand but keep the DNA. Show design and pacing really is bizarre in this program. Lots of head scratching amidst much better performance achievement from June.

I really wish I knew what that means. I think we all agree, but no matter how great it would be, Phantom ain’t doing a Beatles show.