DeKalb, IL - Saturday, July 13, 2019

6 hours ago, GREENBLUE said:

If Bluecoats are currently in 1st and 4 points ahead of 6th place Cavaliers. That means you have 6 corps separated by 4 points. Would highly doubt there be a 2.5 point difference between the current 5th and 6th place when 6 corps are in the equation.

So I was replying to a post that predicted a 2-2.5 difference between Boston and Cavies. 

At the time of my post Delkalb scores were in but Memphis was not. 

Didn't think it was a bold prediction given the difference between Bloo and Boston over many shows vs. the difference between Bloo and Cavies last night. That's all. 

PS. The original poster was right on the money Boston exactly 2 points over Cavies going into this week. AND Boston was even 3rd place in their respective show- I had no idea where they would place in that show since they beat Crown at their home show. Given the time of my post Boston could have easily been running 4th vs 5th...So I don't know what you are complaining about.

Maybe when they meet head to head the gap won't be that big but I was looking at numbers not hating on the Cavaliers. 

There were just 3 corps within <2 points of each other in Memphis so it's not completely crazy to think that the top 5 are extremely close in score right now given the most recent spreads between SCV and either of the top 2 corps.

AND there is a reasonable probability that the Bluecoats are actually in 2nd place.

Edited by ThePlanets

14 hours ago, Liahona said:

The days of waiting til a corps is done before you move into or out of your seat..seems to be over unfortunately...new times I guess..

Tell me about it. All #### night. 

This was probably my last show ever in Dekalb since we’re putting the house up for sale next April.   

10 hours ago, GREENBLUE said:

6th place Cavaliers. 

I was chastised at the beginning of the season for suggesting that the green team would finish 6th. Last night was a straight up beat down. 

Sadly, I think the championship years are behind us. 

Biggest difference between Cavies and Bloo is that Bloo amps the living crap out of its hornline.  Mind you its WELL done But Cavies are the real deal this year.

Ya, didn't see you last night Terri I was close to the 50 up top.  People are more rude about the whole seating thing but it was NICE weather for once.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Mello Dude said:

Biggest difference between Cavies and Bloo is that Bloo amps the living crap out of its hornline.  Mind you its WELL done But Cavies are the real deal this year.

Ya, didn't see you last night Terri I was close to the 50 up top.  People are more rude about the whole seating thing but it was NICE weather for once.

I was in row 10 left of the 45. 

It was a beautiful night weatherwise.  I cross my fingers every show for fans to be considerate of each other. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ThePlanets said:

So I was replying to a post that predicted a 2-2.5 difference between Boston and Cavies. 

At the time of my post Delkalb scores were in but Memphis was not. 

Didn't think it was a bold prediction given the difference between Bloo and Boston over many shows vs. the difference between Bloo and Cavies last night. That's all. 

PS. The original poster was right on the money Boston exactly 2 points over Cavies going into this week. AND Boston was even 3rd place in their respective show- I had no idea where they would place in that show since they beat Crown at their home show. Given the time of my post Boston could have easily been running 4th vs 5th...So I don't know what you are complaining about.

Maybe when they meet head to head the gap won't be that big but I was looking at numbers not hating on the Cavaliers. 

There were just 3 corps within <2 points of each other in Memphis so it's not completely crazy to think that the top 5 are extremely close in score right now given the most recent spreads between SCV and either of the top 2 corps.

AND there is a reasonable probability that the Bluecoats are actually in 2nd place.

Also, let’s be honest and admit that DCI wants a horse race. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

I can’t speak for DCI, but I sure want one!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MikeRapp said:

I hear Crowns pretty good at winning those.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Mello Dude said:

Hardly the biggest difference.

What Bluecoats has figured out (and what BD has done for over a decade) is how to have powerful solo, small group and ensemble moments of equal importance in their shows. This is all now backed up by their costume concepts—individualism within conformity. You get this gliding sense of uniformity and flow from beginning to end. It just FEELS like a 12 minute experience.

SCV did this brilliantly last year. So did Mandarins.

To me, Cavaliers has one of the best horn and percussion lines in world class this year. What the corps above them are doing better is simultaneously delivering that uniformity with individuality.

Edited by MikeRapp
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1