DeKalb, IL - Saturday, July 13, 2019

5 hours ago, HolyNOLA said:

I was chastised at the beginning of the season for suggesting that the green team would finish 6th. Last night was a straight up beat down. 

Sadly, I think the championship years are behind us. 

Maybe Cavaliers need to go co-Ed.

Made you look!

• Haha 6

8 hours ago, Mello Dude said:

Biggest difference between Cavies and Bloo is that Bloo amps the living crap out of its hornline.  Mind you its WELL done But Cavies are the real deal this year.

Ya, didn't see you last night Terri I was close to the 50 up top.  People are more rude about the whole seating thing but it was NICE weather for once.

Yes. Bluecoats over-amplifying the entire corps is exactly what many were worried about with amps. It's very artificial, annoying & misleading. This corps and show is great, they dont need to over-amplify.

Edited by FlamMan

15 minutes ago, FlamMan said:

Yes. Bluecoats over-amplifying the entire corps is exactly what many were worried about with amps. It's very artificial, annoying & misleading. This corps and show is great, they dont beed to over-amplify.

I totally agree with the entire amplification concerns across the board. In Nashville two years ago Blue Devils were so over-amped that people around me were visibly put out. And they didn’t need it!

Some of this is corps are playing to judges but trying to appeal to, at times, 10,000 people in a poorly build foot stadium that is in no way built for acoustics. I get it. But I don’t like it.

now get off my lawn.

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, FlamMan said:

Yes. Bluecoats over-amplifying the entire corps is exactly what many were worried about with amps. It's very artificial, annoying & misleading. This corps and show is great, they dont beed to over-amplify.

I agree that amplification of the hornline is cheating/false advertising, but one benefit of really good sound engineering is it could help with the quality of sound in the indoor arenas -- is it easier to hear corps that use heavy amplification in SA or Lucas?

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, tedrick said:

I agree that amplification of the hornline is cheating/false advertising, but one benefit of really good sound engineering is it could help with the quality of sound in the indoor arenas -- is it easier to hear corps that use heavy amplification in SA or Lucas?

I do not agree it is false advertising. Fans expect amplification, esp in a huge footba stadium.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

I do not agree it is false advertising. Fans expect amplification, esp in a huge footba stadium.

Not of the entire line though.  80+ horns should not need it.  There is ZERO organic feel to Bloo's music.  Amazing show don't get me wrong but....judged activity based on what..a sound system?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

59 minutes ago, tedrick said:

one benefit of really good sound engineering is it could help with the quality of sound in the indoor arenas -- is it easier to hear corps that use heavy amplification in SA or Lucas?

@Terri Schehr - would you say the sound re-enforcement/amplification improves the sound of the corps in Lucas? I would imagine that the sound would be lost in large domes without amplification -- am I correct?

19 minutes ago, tedrick said:

@Terri Schehr - would you say the sound re-enforcement/amplification improves the sound of the corps in Lucas? I would imagine that the sound would be lost in large domes without amplification -- am I correct?

In the old rca dome, I was watching a corps that had put their horns down and you could still hear them playing.  It was that bad. Pre amplification. They’ve gotten much better at it, for one thing. With the speaker stacks, the sound is directed. The higher quality of equipment creates better audio.  That includes the sound engineers, too. 

The first few years in that building(Lucas Oil) my seat would shake and I actually had my hands over my ears for one Corps.  It was almost painful. Back then, they just turned those things to 11. 

Edited by Terri Schehr