Is smoking still allowed on tour?

I brought this up earlier but I thought I'd get a better response here. Have corps outlawed smoking by now? I remember just 15-18 years ago kids were smoking like crazy in the lot after shows. 

What about vaping? I laugh at the idea of kids fighting over the 3 gym electrical plugs so they can charge their juuls, lol 

15 years ago was my time and there definitely wasn’t smoking like crazy going down in the lot. There was a dedicated “smoking area” at every site, and it was always so far away that most members weren’t even aware that there were smokers. There were also strict rules about not having anything on you or with you that could identify you as a member of the corps.

I didn’t smoke myself but I had a friend in the guard who explained it all to me. Seemed like way too much hassle.

My opinion: if you smoke, you shouldn't participate in DCI or any athletic team. Save the spot for someone who actually cares about their body 

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

56 minutes ago, MikeD said:

Many public school housings sites are smoke-free environments for everybody, all the time.. Outside of those areas, I would guess it is up to the corps policy.

Most schools also have a road nearby that if you cross, you're off the grounds and can smoke freely. Or just step onto the sidewalk along said road. Lol.

DCA not DCI I know, but didn't Minnesota Brass's circus show just three years ago feature a ringmaster character puffing on an e-cigar?

• Haha 2