Is smoking still allowed on tour?

6 hours ago, HolyNOLA said:

Do country clubs offer scholarships? 

Have you seen “Caddy Shack”?

• Haha 1

On 7/13/2019 at 12:54 PM, xandandl said:

it is when they apply for scholarships, sponsorships, and deducted fees. Haven't been around DCI much in recent years? All corps now use Corps Data program where such info is part of how corps collect and assesss tour fees. Do your research.

Not gonna jump into what this thread's become BUT not every corps uses CorpsData.  Certainly a majority but there are few big players who don't. 

• Thanks 1

On 7/14/2019 at 6:25 PM, Cappybara said:

Ignoring the fact that secondhand smoke is quite harmful, if a smoker is decreasing his/her lung capacity and compromising his or her peak ability to play at a championship level, then they are having an effect on the overall performance of the corps

And I would agree with this as long as we understand the inclusion of the word "IF." IF a member is unable to keep up physically or mentally then there should be consequences just as there would be for anyone else. But the bar cannot be higher for them then it is for anyone else. 

And IF the people who smoke are doing so in a designated area, the only ones effected should be those who are also in that area, presumably for the same purpose. 

The arguments on both sides are mostly sound. Some of us simply disagree with the opppsosing side of the argument. You aren't wrong....but neither am I. /shrug

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

And I would agree with this as long as we understand the inclusion of the word "IF." IF a member is unable to keep up physically or mentally then there should be consequences just as there would be for anyone else. But the bar cannot be higher for them then it is for anyone else. 

And IF the people who smoke are doing so in a designated area, the only ones effected should be those who are also in that area, presumably for the same purpose. 

The arguments on both sides are mostly sound. Some of us simply disagree with the opppsosing side of the argument. You aren't wrong....but neither am I. /shrug

except when you type of opposing. A freudian slip???

3 minutes ago, xandandl said:

except when you type of opposing. A freudian slip???

More of a multi-tasking slip lol.