Performance order for San Antonio: Who was the edge

Soon the performance order for San Antonio will be determined.

We haven't seen BD vs Bloo yet- who has the edge to get the final performance in San Antonio?

The Memphis should should definitely help us see how things shake for SCV, Boston, and Crown- but do the Cavaliers fall into this group too or is there a chance that Boston or Crown sneaks on the field after BD?

Are the Cavaliers a lock at 6 or are there other corps sneaking up on them?

What about the 7-13 performance order? Many of them have yet to meet head to head as well.

How about 16-19? How do you think that will shake out?

How much does what show these groups perform at tonight affect order?

This is just a discussion thread for over analytical minds and people that like to make predictions

*The intention of this thread is NOT to discuss the truth of the old "scores don't matter until San Antonio" and it is also NOT intended to spark a discussion on whether or not performance order matters.😁

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, ThePlanets said:

*The intention of this thread is NOT to discuss the truth of the old "scores don't matter until San Antonio" and it is also NOT intended to spark a discussion on whether or not performance order matters.😁

You killed the thread before it could start lol :blow:

Edited by kkrepps
  • Like 3
  • Haha 4

6 minutes ago, PamahoNow said:

Is it still random within groups of 3?

That's it right there... It's hard to comment, because I don't even know the system for ranking at this point.

If they are keeping up to date on the rankings, then I would say nobody ever really has an edge... but a disadvantage could pop up for a group like Crown because the have been fairly isolated.  Fortunately they are getting some action again with SCV to help them know where they truly stand.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, cfirwin3 said:

That's it right there... It's hard to comment, because I don't even know the system for ranking at this point.

If they are keeping up to date on the rankings, then I would say nobody ever really has an edge... but a disadvantage could pop up for a group like Crown because the have been fairly isolated.  Fortunately they are getting some action again with SCV to help them know where they truly stand.

In the Random group of 3 I think is okay in the case of San Antonio- that is unless the 3 seed draws 1st overall and 4 seed 6th overall...etc. then the performance order debate does come into play. 

If you are in the doesn't matter camp than it doesn't matter but if you are in the order does matter camp then having 4 corps between two close corps does make a huge difference

Edited by ThePlanets

What group of three a corps falls in is the key thing.  If that was determined on the last scores every corps has now, there's a clear gap between each threesome.  The smallest gap is a 1.2.

Is San Antonio based on tonight's scores or is it some average?

If it's tonight's scores, there would have to be a big surprise surge by someone who is currently in 4th, 7th, 10th, or 13th to change the threesomes as they look now.

1 minute ago, barigirl78 said:

What group of three a corps falls in is the key thing.  If that was determined on the last scores every corps has now, there's a clear gap between each threesome.  The smallest gap is a 1.2.

If it's tonight's scores, there would have to be a big surprise surge by someone who is currently in 4th, 7th, 10th, or 13th to change the threesomes as they look now.

Yes, I was told that it is based on the scores from all 3 shows Flo is broadcasting tonight (DeKalb, Denver & Memphis).

There could still be some surprises, especially if the judges at one venue score the corps higher than the other. Remember 2015 when the Troopers scored so high in Denver that they winded up in the 7-9 slot for San Antonio?

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, ThePlanets said:

In the Random group of 3 I think is okay in the case of San Antonio- that is unless the 3 seed draws 1st overall and 4 seed 6th overall...etc. then the performance order debate does come into play. 

If you are in the doesn't matter camp than it doesn't matter but if you are in the order does matter camp then having 4 corps between two close corps does make a huge difference

Exactly.  But I think this manifests only as a disadvantage rather than an advantage for anyone.  Crown, I think has the most to lose in the nature of the draw (if it is groups of three).

But again, I don't think it hurts that much.  Partly because the high scores are low at this first full regional.  The judges have lots of room to inflate the top number (or hold it down) to get the order right.  Lots of comparison room in there.

Consequently there is a lot of potential for fans to gripe about scoring changes: "Why did the space open up here, with corps X not improving in score from last night but corps Y gained a point and a half?!!!!... SLOTTING SLOTTING SLOTTING!!!!  SUBJECTIVE NONSENSE!!!" 😆

Edited by cfirwin3

35 minutes ago, barigirl78 said:

So Im guessing this is the general consensus for groups of 3 as of now

BD, Bloo, SCV

Boston, Cavies, Crown

BK, BS, Cadets

Crossmen, Mandarins, Phantom

Academy, Colts, SOA

Madison, PC, Troop

Genesis, Music City, Surf

Cascades

If this is the case I think the most likely to change groupings are Music City, the Crossmen, or if anyone currently 7-9 scores higher than Cavies.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, ThePlanets said:

So Im guessing this is the general consensus for groups of 3 as of now

BD, Bloo, SCV

Boston, Cavies, Crown

BK, BS, Cadets

Crossmen, Mandarins, Phantom

Academy, Colts, SOA

Madison, PC, Troop

Genesis, Music City, Surf

Cascades

If this is the case I think the most likely to change groupings are Music City, the Crossmen, or if anyone currently 7-9 scores higher than Cavies.

That’s what I got.  

The only potential spoilers to me are Crossmen ending up in 7-9 or Music City ending up in 16 - 18.  

• Like 1