BD, Bloo, SCV

Boston, Cavies, Crown

BK, BS, Cadets

Crossmen, Mandarins, Phantom

Academy, Colts, SOA

Madison, PC, Troop

Genesis, Music City, Surf

Cascades

If this is the case I think the most likely to change groupings are Music City, the Crossmen, or if anyone currently 7-9 scores higher than Cavies.

Not sure why you keep thinking someone in the next grouping are going to pass the Cavaliers. Of course anything is possible but... head to head the Cavaliers scored almost 2.5 points higher then Blue Stars last night. That score was after 5 days with no shows and four days of changes. The Cavaliers have not even gone head to head with Crown and BAC yet. Cavaliers have just as much opportunity to move into 4th as someone else into sixth. While I agree with your groupings I don’t agree with some of your reasons.

• Like 1

Order of performance doesn't a matter even a tiny bit until the scores start to get very close to 100

The whole debate about order of performance that has come up year after year is redundant and stupid 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, ThePlanets said:

So Im guessing this is the general consensus for groups of 3 as of now

BD, Bloo, SCV

Boston, Cavies, Crown

BK, BS, Cadets

Until we see tonight’s scores, for some reason in my head I’m thinking that they don’t fall into those threes at the top. I think SCV, BAC and Crown are a close group of three while Bloo and BD are a group of two that is ahead by 1.5+ of that group (again, that’s not true yet, just how I’m thinking). Cavies could join them after their time off making it more like a group of 4... but I’m ignoring them for now because the other three battle tonight.  

Edited by Den8uml

12 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Order of performance doesn't a matter even a tiny bit until the scores start to get very close to 100

The whole debate about order of performance that has come up year after year is redundant and stupid 

because...?

4 hours ago, GREENBLUE said:

Not sure why you keep thinking someone in the next grouping are going to pass the Cavaliers. Of course anything is possible but... head to head the Cavaliers scored almost 2.5 points higher then Blue Stars last night. That score was after 5 days with no shows and four days of changes. The Cavaliers have not even gone head to head with Crown and BAC yet. Cavaliers have just as much opportunity to move into 4th as someone else into sixth. While I agree with your groupings I don’t agree with some of your reasons.

Didn't say any of them would for sure pass up the Cavies and have them in 6th. I think it's much more likely for Crossmen to be in the 7-9 grouping than Cavies- but Cadets and BK have been doing well and Cavaliers are only head to head with Blue Stars. Don't thinks Blue Stars will pass them but- different shows- different scores. If scoring is a little higher in Denver vs Illinois it's possible for one of them to sneak in the top 6. 

The Cavaliers show seems to be well performed and well liked. I still have them at 6 at the end of the season regardless of their grouping in San Antonio.

The fair thing to say for the top 3 I guess is whoever wins each show should earn a top 3 spot.

4 hours ago, Den8uml said:

Until we see tonight’s scores, for some reason in my head I’m thinking that they don’t fall into those threes at the top. I think SCV, BAC and Crown are a close group of three while Bloo and BD are a group of two that is ahead by 1.5+ of that group (again, that’s not true yet, just how I’m thinking). Cavies could join them after their time off making it more like a group of 4... but I’m ignoring them for now because the other three battle tonight.  

I agree but I sorted it that way due to the Random 3 groupings.

The fact that the Blue Stars are only 2 points and some change down from the Cavaliers is pretty d**n good, in my opinion. I said all along that a great goal for the Blue Stars, this year, would be 7th place. With the show and the corps they have this season, 8th place or lower will be a little disappointing. As long as they keep pushing and keep pace with those corps above them; they should be in good shape come finals. 

• Like 1

If you use most recent scores, I think the DATR corps still end up in the same groupings they would have.  

That said, and I don't know yet if they are using most recent scores for SA seeding, Mandarins were very close to knocking Cadets to the 10 - 12 grouping and Carolina Crown to knocking BD down to the 4 - 6 grouping.  That would been wild.  

We all know that there is now way politically that BD is not in top 3 draw. Every other corps is subject to whatever DCI admin decide. Fact. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, xandandl said:

because...?

The whole concept of judges "saving room" exists because DCI employs a judging system that ends at 100. When scores are in the 80s like they are right now, there is no need for judges to pay attention to saving room because currently corps are not scoring anywhere close to 100 in any subcaption.