Millbrook AL and Woodstck GA

Tonight several DCA Corps kick off their 2019 seasons (partly because of rain in PA last week,

Tonight Atlanta CV, Southern Knights and the defending Class A Champions Carolina Gold will be competing at the DCI open class show in Millbrook AL.  I think they get a DCI score which is good for self improvement but not directly relatable to a DCA Score

Tomorrow, Sunday the 14th they will be at a DCI/DCA show in Wookstock GA where they will receive a DCA score.

As someone who work helps out at Carolina Gold I am pretty excited about this years show. Last year was a rebuilding year and this year we actually have a clue about what we are doing . I hope the show on the field is good but however the scores turn out Gold has been a fun corps this year and the kids have improved greatly over the past 2 months.  The lids are happy and I think it will show ias they present a fun and entertaining show

• Like 1

I am VERY excited about finally getting some actual reads on CV. Hopefully the show is small enough that someone will Periscope at least one of the shows. 

Do we happen to know if scores will actually be released on the DCA corps or if this is one of the "evaluation only with comments" type of gigs?

10 minutes ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

Do we happen to know if scores will actually be released on the DCA corps or if this is one of the "evaluation only with comments" type of gigs?

everything should be published either on the DCA site of DCI site

DCI has scores posted for the DCI corps at Millbrook but not for the DCA corps.

DCA doesn't have Millbrook scores posted (but does have the Clifton scores up).

Yeah they won't get scores on DCA until tonight at the Atlanta Brass Classic. They only got feedback yesterday. According to some of those there, CV had an excellent run and will stream tonight. WHAT they will stream is probably up for debate since they haven't been very hip in the last few years on anyone seeing the show until friends and family day it seems. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

DCA has the Woodstock scores:

Atlanta CV 79.00

Carolina Gold 69.60

Southern Knights 62.10

I didn't realize that Gold was in Class A this year and Southern Knights were in Open. Seems backwards! But since everyone will make Finals, I guess it doesn't matter.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

DCA has the Woodstock scores:

Atlanta CV 79.00

Carolina Gold 69.60

Southern Knights 62.10

I didn't realize that Gold was in Class A this year and Southern Knights were in Open. Seems backwards! But since everyone will make Finals, I guess it doesn't matter.

Strong showing from CV only 1.250 behind the Bucs. The feed last night was really, REALLY fuzzy so I can't make a lot of comments. The sound (when I could hear) seemed to be pretty strong. 

On 7/13/2019 at 12:46 PM, totaleefree said:

as they present a fun and entertaining show

I very much hope they do so. I felt last season's show to be rather dry, designed for the technical boxes to be checked. When "Orawa" is the only highlight I can remember after watching it twice... I'm shaking my head. The Brass had a pretty shaky run in prelims IMHO, and I think a lot of soul searching took place and they came through with a strong, strong performance at Finals that helped to earn them that championship.

If the show is more accessible and reaches more to the audience, it will put them in very, very good stead come Championship weekend. I think it's been an Achilles Heel of the corps for the past 4 or so seasons.

Well if you want to check out our show we will be on Flo Marching Saturday at 1:57 to do our show, which was last rehearsed on Sat , so it may be a little sloppy but you can get the general idea.

• Like 1