Walmart Redirect??? 7/13/19

Hey folks early this morning and about an hour ago got some weirdness. Go to dcp and see the website. Then 2 seconds later get this Walmart survey win something, click here website (so it says). Then it starts cycling to other sites that looks like ads but I kill the window. Was able to get to dcp in between and now after a while but no idea if problem is solved so letting you know.

I would guess a hack and don’t recommend clicking what the webpage says to click to close. 

Edited by JimF-LowBari

I haven't seen the redirect/message - but one of our admins has and provided a couple of clues.  I've reviewed our system and data and don't find evidence of our being compromised, so the most-likely source is a nasty Google Adsense advert ... which would also explain why some are receiving it and others don't.

I've added the domain that was referenced in the clues we saw to the BLOCK list on Adsense (which takes a bit of time to be active). Hopefully that helps. 

As always, DO NOT click on pop-ups or pages that you are unfamiliar with.  An Ad-Blocker or browser plugin can help in keeping your system safe.

Thanks for the heads-up.

-john

2 hours ago, JohnD said:

I haven't seen the redirect/message - but one of our admins has and provided a couple of clues.  I've reviewed our system and data and don't find evidence of our being compromised, so the most-likely source is a nasty Google Adsense advert ... which would also explain why some are receiving it and others don't.

I've added the domain that was referenced in the clues we saw to the BLOCK list on Adsense (which takes a bit of time to be active). Hopefully that helps. 

As always, DO NOT click on pop-ups or pages that you are unfamiliar with.  An Ad-Blocker or browser plugin can help in keeping your system safe.

Thanks for the heads-up.

-john

Yep I don’t click anywhere in the page including where it says “click here to close this page”. Worried the link might do something else. Killing the window is safest last I heard.

Thanks John just wanted to make sure you folks were aware

Edited by JimF-LowBari