Wildlife in the DCP Habitat - A Field Guide

Man this is hilarious to read. I think I would identify myself as more of a corps hopper although my favorite group as a lot of people on other forums have come to find out is Carolina Crown.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, MadisonBandMan1 said:

Man this is hilarious to read. I think I would identify myself as more of a corps hopper although my favorite group as a lot of people on other forums have come to find out is Carolina Crown.

Mine is obviously Bloo.  But I have other special faves, too.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Lance said:

The Magpie

It can range in age from tween middle schooler to 70 year-old with terrible hearing.  Regardless of age, they pretty much just scream through the whole evening, including during shows. 

They love to perch directly behind me, and do so with incredible consistency. 

Whatever can we call the misbehaving middle school band kids from Kenosha who sat by me last Saturday in Whitewater?  Now that was an experience...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Whatever can we call the misbehaving middle school band kids from Kenosha who sat by me last Saturday in Whitewater?  Now that was an experience...

It's the annoying marching parents who kill me. You can always tell the ones who have never seen a corps show in any format. They'll be the ones to instantly compare their kids marching band to "insert top 12 corps here"  while the corps is on the field and declare that their childs band is equal to, if not better. They're also absolutely OBCESSED with props. 

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

It's the annoying marching parents who kill me. You can always tell the ones who have never seen a corps show in any format. They'll be the ones to instantly compare their kids marching band to "insert top 12 corps here"  while the corps is on the field and declare that their childs band is equal to, if not better. They're also absolutely OBCESSED with props. 

I know the species.

My favorite is the twenty-something guy (it’s always a guy) who proceeds to teach me all about drum corps and it’s history.  I say nothing. I just allow him to prattle on. I’m smiling on the outside and laughing on the inside.  Plus,  he’s usually wrong about all kinds of ####.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

I know a guy that marched Star and Phantom in the late 80s and then went on to march When a Man Loves a Woman who has taught me a lot over the last few years. I still have a lot to learn. He reminds me of a few of the people that I've met across the forums.  This guy is great. He's now our Band Booster President.

Edited by MadisonBandMan1
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Oh and I have to ask Terri. We're the band kida wearing their "tour style" marching band t-shirt from last year?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, MadisonBandMan1 said:

I know a guy that marched Star and Phantom in the late 80s and then went on to march When a Man Loves a Woman who has taught me a lot over the last few years. I still have a lot to learn. He reminds me of a few of the people that I've met across the forums.  This guy is great. He's now our Band Booster President.

There are some great people on DCP. And there are some who are less then stellar who just enjoy seeing their typed text on a screen no matter what it says. If you want to get to the wheat, you're gonna have to deal with some chaff.

• Like 5

Trust me, I understand. I have a bit of experience on some other forums, none nearly as popular as this but pretty darn popular. Some of the common posters here know me because of those forums. I've seen a thing or two when it comes to toxic posters, and I have generally learned to just skip reading those posts. Some of them are pretty funny, though. I know there are some amazing people here though. I really like the dry humor that comes out of Jeff Ream especially and the support that those like Hook'em has for their respective corps. It's a pleasure to see those like Terri who cheer on everybody, because that's what they deserve. How long have you been a part of the marching arts?