Wildlife in the DCP Habitat - A Field Guide

10 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

I’ve actually heard that at shows

I may use that in Atlanta but I'll have to take off any alumni stuff first so as not to embarrass any of my former corps lol

• Haha 2

Closely related to the Know-It-All is a creature found on DCP known as the Puffer-Troll. A hubristic little animal that oftentimes lives in self-created threads with brassy sounding titles like: "That show that everyone likes, is actually worthless dreck". The puffer troll will meander about his thread frequently flaunting his credentials and dismissing all other opinions as irrelevant. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

HSer: Young and impressionable, these newly introducted individuals are known for their fierce loyalty to whichever Corps won the year they got introduced to the activity (Bluecoats 2016, SCV 2018 etc.), as well as a disregard for any show below 5th place. They have gained most of their knowledge from lot videos on YouTube, and always complain about the Blue Devils ruining the activity for everyone else.

• Haha 5

6 hours ago, MadisonBandMan1 said:

Trust me, I understand. I have a bit of experience on some other forums, none nearly as popular as this but pretty darn popular. Some of the common posters here know me because of those forums. I've seen a thing or two when it comes to toxic posters, and I have generally learned to just skip reading those posts. Some of them are pretty funny, though. I know there are some amazing people here though. I really like the dry humor that comes out of Jeff Ream especially and the support that those like Hook'em has for their respective corps. It's a pleasure to see those like Terri who cheer on everybody, because that's what they deserve. How long have you been a part of the marching arts?

Wasn't sure if this was asked of me or not, but DCI in the late 80s, college at UA and then DCA in the mid 2000s. 

4 hours ago, kkrepps said:

Howler fan: These animals are known for their high decibel, often ear splitting calls to warn other herds away that may challenge them.

Identified by generic sounds such as "THEY-WERE-BORN-READY" but oftentimes have calls unique to the herd. 

Howler fan (row behind me): Crazy loud screeching scream-like, attention-seeking yell.

Me (turning around): "If you're looking for your voice, it's in my left ear."

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, kkrepps said:

Closely related to the Know-It-All is a creature found on DCP known as the Puffer-Troll. A hubristic little animal that oftentimes lives in self-created threads with brassy sounding titles like: "That show that everyone likes, is actually worthless dreck". The puffer troll will meander about his thread frequently flaunting his credentials and dismissing all other opinions as irrelevant. 

I think I remember the thread in question, lol

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, jjeffeory said:

The Know it all:  This is an especially interesting bunch. They come into a conversation to correct everyone and set the record straight.  Can be heard educating their newby friends at a show near you.  Often wrong... 

They always sit by and educate me.  I just listen. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

8 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

They always sit by and educate me.  I just listen. 

Oh I'd try to get them to say something really outrageous and then call them on it. That usually shuts them up for the rest of the show. 

• Haha 1