Wildlife in the DCP Habitat - A Field Guide

The Allentown Annual: generally thought as a curmudgeon, but just wants good drum corps without needing hours of research to get the show and will give it up if performed really well.

• Like 2

A subspecies of the Super Fan is the Toaster Fan, this species "pops up" in DCP threads to shout encouragement to the herd. Although there may be no technical content in their communications it is often well received. They are generally friendly, harmless creatures, and thrive especially well in DrumScorps Official Threads. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mfrontz said:

I think I remember the thread in question, lol

I've seen several, but there was an especially noteworthy sighting last year about how the Championship show was an "epic fail", or something like that. 

It was brazen enough that I sometimes wondered if they were actually yanking everyone's chain. But no one would ever do THAT... :tongue:

9 minutes ago, kkrepps said:

I've seen several, but there was an especially noteworthy sighting last year about how the Championship show was an "epic fail", or something like that. 

It was brazen enough that I sometimes wondered if they were actually yanking everyone's chain. But no one would ever do THAT... :tongue:

Oh yeah the OP did all kinds of research and cited many sources to back up their claim.

19 hours ago, mfrontz said:

The Dinosaur can be found in both herbivorous and carnivorous varieties. Herbivores are placid creatures, contenting themselves with saying 'back in the day' and patiently chewing on old recaps. Carnivores violently attack anything, with exception of brass instruments in the key of G. Both herbivores and carnivores are destined for extinction.

Respectfully disagree about the dinosaurs being destined for extinction. 

High school kids today consider Phantom in 2008 “old school.” I was told that by a really nice, polite kids from River City Rhythm last summer. 

Look on the Facebook Drum Corps page or DCP Facebook group, if you have the stomach for it, some complaining the most about “costumes” are not from the Key of G days. 

Most of us are dinosaurs in the making. Our era, whether marchers or fans, becomes the era. Everything before is primitive, everything after an abomination (carnivore) or nice, even talented, but not the same (herbivore). 

Also herbivores most likely attend shows and support the activity, so we’ll get “In Memory Of” plaques. 

• Like 2

The Too Cool For Everything band Kid.

the kid who sitting near you at a show, will trash everything he sees because "my band does it soooo much better"

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, kkrepps said:

The Seathopper: Rare, but most commonly spotted at Indy prelims. They oftentimes roost in a random empty chair, squat for only a corps performance,  then disappear. CAUTION: If confronted, they usually scamper off, but they can become dangerous if aggressively cornered.

Especially when they are sitting in your seat and tell you to leave because the show is about to start. Of course you just sit in an empty seat and wait till the performance is over, politely point out their error, and instead of leaving in horror and disgrace, they get upset again because it’s not as if there are not plenty of empty seats!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

The Too Cool For Everything band Kid.

the kid who sitting near you at a show, will trash everything he sees because "my band does it soooo much better"

He’s the one who yells “Bloo” when Blue Stars takes the field, isn’t he? 

• Haha 6

8 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

The capybara, an animal that likes devils in blue 

Be careful, be very, very careful of that animal.........☠️😀

• Haha 1