Is there a source for average age/experience of corps?

We discuss this every year, and i think some have said this info used to be public domain. Really curious, especially now that we seem to have a larger/growing DCI world class membership and seemingly as many as six so-called destination corps.

37 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

We discuss this every year, and i think some have said this info used to be public domain. Really curious, especially now that we seem to have a larger/growing DCI world class membership and seemingly as many as six so-called destination corps.

DCI collects the stats  and produces a report that's sent to each corps.  Sometimes that report gets passed around.

If anyone from DCI is reading this, I for one would love to see this data and correlate it to scores performance.

Here is the number of age outs over the past 2 years. I would suspect there is a high correlation of age out and drum corps experience. I can't imagine someone marching Blue Devils their age out year and never marched anywhere else.

Corps 2017 Rank 2017 Ageouts 2018 Age Outs Average
Blue Devils 1 60 51 55.5
Bluecoats 5 55 47 51
Santa Clara Vanguard 2 52 47 49.5
Carolina Crown 3 44 53 48.5
Cadets 7 44 52 48
BlueStars 10 43 48 45.5
Phantom Regiment 9 44 38 41
Boston Crusaders 6 37 42 39.5
Blue Knights 8 33 43 38
Cavaliers 4 33 38 35.5
Colts 15 25 29 27
Academy 14 21 30 25.5
Madison 12 23 26 24.5
Crossmen 11 20 28 24
Troopers 16 22 25 23.5
Mandarins 13 15 26 20.5
Spirit 17 23 17 20
  • Thanks 2

On 7/14/2019 at 9:22 AM, MikeRapp said:

Also, age does not necessarily equal experience.

no but age does matter when considering lung development, body maturity, and the ability to fill NFL stadiums with performer projected sound (compared to electronic enhanced.)

Corps like BD definitely depend on all of the other corps to do the heavy lifting for them. They aren’t interested in education or development. They want already finished products. It’s a tough one because of course kids want to win it just kind of sucks for the corps who do take the time to develop kids into excellent MMs.