Future touring routes

I really wish Bluecoats and Crown could tour out west and compete head to head with BD and SCV earlier in the season. I know it would be crazy expensive and probably not sit well with show promoters east of the Mississippi but it would be so cool for western fans to see those two corps live.

I really dislike the pattern that DCI has fallen into with finals in Indy.  In my part of the south the corps always swing through here during our band camps, which makes it hard to take kids to a show on a weeknight during the middle of camp.  Also, because they always come through a day or two before the Atlanta regional the big boys usually skip us for rehearsal days.

• Like 2

I agree - it would be great if there could be some sort of rotation where top 6 corps are encouraged/helped to take part in the western tour each year..

But it's gonna take money
A whole lot of spending money
It's gonna take plenty of money
To do it right, child

Just going to point out that West Coast corps have to figure it out & it isn't just the "big boys".  It includes Mandarins, Pacific Crest, Cascades, etc.  Mileage traveled is mileage traveled, East to West or West to East - and both directions require time and money.

• Like 1

Cavaliers 2019

Cadets were scheduled in 2018

Phantom 2017

Crown, Bluecoats, and Madison have all done early season Cali tour

Every year a "Finalist" corps comes west since finals moved to Indy. It's been a while for Bluecoats, and I don't remember Blue Stars in the last 12 years. It had been a drought for Cavaliers until this year, though they have obligations in Rosemont to throw in the mix. The bad thing is, The West never gets to see a 'mature' version of a show in person. Frankly, I can't see that changing any time soon. There just isn't a venue in the west that I know of like Indy with an NFL stadium and enough covered warm up areas connected to the stadium in case of inclement weather. 

12 hours ago, cage said:

Cavaliers 2019     Cadets were scheduled in 2018      Phantom 2017     Crown, Bluecoats, and Madison have all done early season Cali tour

Boston in 12

Maybe it's time to hold finals week in London, UK.

Edited by Ghost
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, tedrick said:
But it's gonna take money
A whole lot of spending money
It's gonna take plenty of money
To do it right, child

True... but if those West Coast fans have got their minds  set on 'Coats and Crown.... :tongue:

Edited by Fran Haring
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, lowend said:

I really dislike the pattern that DCI has fallen into with finals in Indy.  In my part of the south the corps always swing through here during our band camps, which makes it hard to take kids to a show on a weeknight during the middle of camp.  Also, because they always come through a day or two before the Atlanta regional the big boys usually skip us for rehearsal days.

Pattern is the polite way to say 'Rut'.

Ever since finals started in Indy, with the regionals in San Antonio, Atlanta & Philly/Allentown, always in the same order, there hasn't  been a show within around a 6-hr one way drive from here.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1