Future touring routes

13 hours ago, cage said:

Cavaliers 2019

Cadets were scheduled in 2018

Phantom 2017

Crown, Bluecoats, and Madison have all done early season Cali tour

BD, SCV, & Mandarins (1/4 of DCI finalists) do a national tour to the east coast annually.  So does Pacific Crest & Oregon Crusaders (in years past).  Open class Corps like Gold, Shadow, (and in past SCVC & BDB) make it as far as Indy. They figure it out.  The season for fans in CA is over by early July.  But at least the get a season (see other rant).

Edited by IllianaLancerContra

with finals in Indy til 2028, and probably til death do us part ( or a new building that isn't finished construction time), expect zero. point. zero changes

• Sad 1

Just now, wolfgang said:

Still holding out for a successful event in the new Raider crib in Vegas in 2021.

That would be neat if they could at least make this a regional with almost all of the corps attending.

6 minutes ago, dcikon2 said:

That would be neat if they could at least make this a regional with almost all of the corps attending.

8 minutes ago, wolfgang said:

Still holding out for a successful event in the new Raider crib in Vegas in 2021.

I understand that housing and practice facilities are a major concern both in greater Vegas but especially enroute there for so many corps. Outdoor practices for 12 hrs a day at 1000 degrees F with no cloud block isn't really thinking what is best for the mms says this experienced DCPer who already had his whole nose replaced due to skin cancer. Not everyone is made for the Mexican-Far West weather.

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, wolfgang said:

Place your bets.  LOL.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Bluecoats sure! Crown?  never.  They proved they are horrible fans by booing us in our own stadium.  never in my life have I ever seen people booing at a drum corps show.  Stay home.

1 minute ago, flammaster said:

Bluecoats sure! Crown?  never.  They proved they are horrible fans by booing us in our own stadium.  never in my life have I ever seen people booing at a drum corps show.  Stay home.

You forget the Rose Bowl in 2007 before and after Cadets left the field due to the absence of hashmarks. California homers were not quiet.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, xandandl said:

You forget the Rose Bowl in 2007 before and after Cadets left the field due to the absence of hashmarks. California homers were not quiet.

Southern CA is not Northern CA.  I was there at Stanford.  They got beat and then they cried.  I see the same thing with their football team and their hockey team.  Real sore losers. Their fans are the worst.  The members had nothing to do with that though.  The Rose Bowl thing was everything George Hopkins deserved but not their members.  bad behavior at shows is not good either way..  I don't know if it's an east coast thing but it's not cool.  They are not millionaires. Don't boo them!  Yea that wasn't cool either.  It had nothing to do with the scores though and Hoppy really did bring it on himself but still should not have happened.

2 minutes ago, flammaster said:

Southern CA is not Northern CA.  I was there at Stanford.  They got beat and then they cried.  I see the same thing with their football team and their hockey team.  Real sore losers. Their fans are the worst.  The members had nothing to do with that though.  The Rose Bowl thing was everything George Hopkins deserved but not their members.  bad behavior at shows is not good either way..  I don't know if it's an east coast thing but it's not cool.  They are not millionaires. Don't boo them!  Yea that wasn't cool either.  It had nothing to do with the scores though and Hoppy really did bring it on himself but still should not have happened.

I was at the Rose Bowl.  The booing started before the corps finished setting up before they were removed. Your memory is very selective.

• Like 1