DCI Southwestern Championship (San Antonio) - Saturday, July 20, 2019

10 minutes ago, desertrat68 said:

I'm trying to remember if they wait until the end to announce all of the scores or if they release them in blocks throughout the day.

Blocks throughout the day is only at Prelims and Semis of Championships.

Also, San Antonio is the only show that includes a drum major retreat at the end (at least ever since DCI put an end to that being a regular thing at shows a couple years ago).

6 minutes ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

Blocks throughout the day is only at Prelims and Semis of Championships.

Also, San Antonio is the only show that includes a drum major retreat at the end (at least ever since DCI put an end to that being a regular thing at shows a couple years ago).

Yeah, now I remember. Was hoping my guy got heard his corps' score before he hops on an airplane to come home from his teaching stint on tour. 

I’m having a soirée with a live life on the wild side theme over to watch Flo from the Alamo City! The usual slew of mischievous BEAUX!

The menu is watermelon and feta salad with arugula, tomato’s, watermelon, cucumber, radish, feta, balsamic and basil vinaigrette.

Italian stallion wood fired pizza with tomato sauce, provolone, mozzarella, meatballs, basil, oregano, red onion and spicy soppressata  

Chad and Ross will be joining Stephan, Ramon, Lucas and your host. Of course Ramon will making his speciality cocktails and cockshots. 

Edited by Poppycock
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

Iwatermelon and feta salad with arugula, tomato’s, watermelon, cucumber, radish, feta, balsamic and basil vinaigrette. 

They had some red head chef on one of the morning shows yesterday making something like this.  Maybe I'm just a plebeian, but the notion of mixing watermelon with tomatoes just doesn't work for me.

About to make the final leg of my trip down to San Antonio!   I don’t think I’ve ever been this excited top to bottom.  I’m just as excited to see if Bluecoats keep their undefeated streak as I am in the 7 - 11 bloodbath as I am about Pacific Crest gaining some ground in 15th.  Going to be a FUN day.  

• Like 9

1 hour ago, KVG_DC said:

They had some red head chef on one of the morning shows yesterday making something like this.  Maybe I'm just a plebeian, but the notion of mixing watermelon with tomatoes just doesn't work for me.

I’ve had watermelon feta salad. It’s delicious.  

• Like 1

Guys, I'm thinking of getting a couple pizzas, beer, and follow this thread today. But I need to practice still.... those scales aren't going to play by themselves!

Note* I am actually planning on wearing multiple clothes/hats for the corps performing today. Yes, I own more than just Cavies gear lol (but most of my stuff is Cavies based). Already have my Troopers shirt on!

• Like 1