DCI Southwestern Championship (San Antonio) - Saturday, July 20, 2019

Random shower thought that I am confirming this morning.  

It looks like Bluecoats are the first non Blue Devils corps to remain undefeated this long since the 2003 Cavaliers before BD eventually overtook them.  2011 Cavaliers were close, but they lost to Carolina Crown the VERY first night and then went on a win streak through San Antonio.  

I thought I'd bring that up before BD might crash the party at some point 😂

In the past I've found undefeated seasons boring but as a fan of the one that is undefeated for the first time it's terrifying seeing Blue Devils creeping up in the rearview mirror.  Idk if anyone has seen the movie Duel about the killer truck but that's what it feels like waiting for every recap to come out.  😰

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

Random shower thought that I am confirming this morning.  

It looks like Bluecoats are the first non Blue Devils corps to remain undefeated this long since the 2003 Cavaliers before BD eventually overtook them.  2011 Cavaliers were close, but they lost to Carolina Crown the VERY first night and then went on a win streak through San Antonio.  

I thought I'd bring that up before BD might crash the party at some point 😂

In the past I've found undefeated seasons boring but as a fan of the one that is undefeated for the first time it's terrifying seeing Blue Devils creeping up in the rearview mirror.  Idk if anyone has seen the movie Duel about the killer truck but that's what it feels like waiting for every recap to come out.  😰

Yes.  One of Spielberg’s first movies. 

••|•|•••

Sic 'em BAC!

• Like 4

My predictions

1. Bluecoats (Should majorly improve in percussion)

2. Blue Devils (4th place in brass will keep them from gaining in music)

3. SCV (Wins percussion)

4. Crown (Gains ground on SCV)

5. BAC (Gains on Crown and SCV)

6. Cavies (Spread about the same on BAC)

7. Blue Stars (A lock for 7th this season it seems)

8. Blue Knights (Might not be 8th finals but 8th tonight)

9. Cadets (Same)

10. Crossmen

11. Mandarins

12. PR

(10-12 should stay this way come finals though PR could take 11th)

Just a prediction. Its all in fun and I wish the best for the World Class Corps performing today and tonight. Should be a nice one if the wind is calm.

posted from the DrumScorps app

I am very interested to see how Cascades fare today --- looks like they've been off at a week and a half between the Denver show rain out and a midseason camp they already had planned in Missouri. I'm sure they're hungry to compete and perform again. I would love to see them above a 65, with Surf & Genesis trending closer to 70!