DCI Southwestern Championship (San Antonio) - Saturday, July 20, 2019

Yes finally the day has come! So excited to see everyone finally, I hope the best for everyone on the field :laughing:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Incognito365 said:

Good. I don't want to lose anyone else who actually contributes to the discussion. Lol. 

I'm still here, Incog.....just trying to keep a low profile so as not to incur your wrath.  Been bludgeoned to death by Queen Anne.  Trying to fly under the radar...

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, DrumManTx said:

Idk if anyone has seen the movie Duel about the killer truck but that's what it feels like waiting for every recap to come out.  😰

That 1971 film was the second full-length directing effort by Steven Spielberg, and like all his work until Sugarland Express in 1973, it was made for TV. Duel was shot and edited in just 23 days. Following its airing as ABC's "Movie of the Week", it was re-edited for screening in Europe, thus become Spielberg's first feature theatrical film.

Duel was based on a short story by Richard Matheson, who is also the author of, among much else, the novels I Am Legend (adpated for film three different times) and The (Incredible) Shrinking Man, six other stories or novels that were adapted as movies including Somewhere in Time and What Dreams May Come, and a host of television screenplays, including the famous Twilight Zone episode "Nightmare at 20,000 Feet", which starred William Shatner (pre Star Trek).

• Like 3

1 minute ago, craiga said:

I'm still here, Incog.....just trying to keep a low profile so as not to incur your wrath.  Been bludgeoned to death by Queen Anne.  Trying to fly under the radar...

Why would you incur my wrath? Only a select few on here are deserved of that honor. Lmao.

• Haha 2

On ‎7‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 5:40 PM, MusicManNJ said:

Yes... that rookie Jay Kennedy who has only been judging since ... of 1980? And what has Richard Saucedo ever done in this activity... jeez!

George Dixon also said "They are two of the top, most respected judges in the country" so decided to review their backrounds.

Mr. Saucedo travels throughout the country as an adjudicator, clinician and guest conductor for concert band, jazz band, marching band, and orchestra. He will be a guest conductor, clinician or commission composer in over 15 different states during the 2012-13 school year. He has been a featured clinician for the Midwest Band and Orchestra Clinic in Chicago, the Texas Music Educators Association, the Arkansas Bandmasters Association, the Colorado Music Educators Association, the California Music Educators Association, the North Dakota Music Educators Association, The Virginia Music Educators Association and the Indiana Music Educators Association. He has served as Music Caption Head for the Drum Corps Midwest Judges Guild and has served as a music judge for Drum Corps International for many years. Mr. Saucedo also served as the brass composer/arranger for the Cavaliers Drum and Bugle Corps in Rosemont, Illinois from 2000 through 2008. The Cavaliers won the DCI World Championship five times during Mr. Saucedo’s tenure. He will be the brass composer/arranger for the Blue Stars Drum and Bugle Corps in 2013. Mr. Saucedo is also an Educational Consultant for “Music for All” and “Bands of America”.

Read the full bio at: https://saucedomusic.com/richard-l-saucedo-current-biography/

Jay Kennedy is vice president for academic affairs/vice provost. He joined Berklee in 1994 as chair of the Contemporary Writing and Production Department.

Kennedy has composed and produced music for hundreds of television commercials (Coca Cola, McDonald's, Pontiac, Levi's, Nike, etc.). His music has been heard in feature films (Wayne's World, Lethal Weapon 2), television series (One Tree Hill, Felicity), and he was a 2002 Grammy Award finalist for arrangements on Virtuosi by Gary Burton and Makoto Ozone. He continues to be active as a composer and arranger with commissions and published compositions for concert band, percussion ensemble, and marching band.

He has been a frequent adjudicator for marching band, drum corps, and indoor percussion competitions for many years. He composed the theme for the Drum Corps International (DCI) broadcasts and was elected to the DCI Hall of Fame in 2007 for longtime contributions as an adjudicator, educator, judge administrator, and arranger.

Read the full bio at: https://sc-pa.org/judge/profile/3559

Pretty impressive credentials for both, I'd say.

In some circles, the simple fact of my decades long support for Boston seems to be enough.  :unsure:

• Sad 1

Just now, Rich Cline said:

George Dixon also said "They are two of the top, most respected judges in the country" so decided to review their backrounds.

Mr. Saucedo travels throughout the country as an adjudicator, clinician and guest conductor for concert band, jazz band, marching band, and orchestra. He will be a guest conductor, clinician or commission composer in over 15 different states during the 2012-13 school year. He has been a featured clinician for the Midwest Band and Orchestra Clinic in Chicago, the Texas Music Educators Association, the Arkansas Bandmasters Association, the Colorado Music Educators Association, the California Music Educators Association, the North Dakota Music Educators Association, The Virginia Music Educators Association and the Indiana Music Educators Association. He has served as Music Caption Head for the Drum Corps Midwest Judges Guild and has served as a music judge for Drum Corps International for many years. Mr. Saucedo also served as the brass composer/arranger for the Cavaliers Drum and Bugle Corps in Rosemont, Illinois from 2000 through 2008. The Cavaliers won the DCI World Championship five times during Mr. Saucedo’s tenure. He will be the brass composer/arranger for the Blue Stars Drum and Bugle Corps in 2013. Mr. Saucedo is also an Educational Consultant for “Music for All” and “Bands of America”.

Read the full bio at: https://saucedomusic.com/richard-l-saucedo-current-biography/

Jay Kennedy is vice president for academic affairs/vice provost. He joined Berklee in 1994 as chair of the Contemporary Writing and Production Department.

Kennedy has composed and produced music for hundreds of television commercials (Coca Cola, McDonald's, Pontiac, Levi's, Nike, etc.). His music has been heard in feature films (Wayne's World, Lethal Weapon 2), television series (One Tree Hill, Felicity), and he was a 2002 Grammy Award finalist for arrangements on Virtuosi by Gary Burton and Makoto Ozone. He continues to be active as a composer and arranger with commissions and published compositions for concert band, percussion ensemble, and marching band.

He has been a frequent adjudicator for marching band, drum corps, and indoor percussion competitions for many years. He composed the theme for the Drum Corps International (DCI) broadcasts and was elected to the DCI Hall of Fame in 2007 for longtime contributions as an adjudicator, educator, judge administrator, and arranger.

Read the full bio at: https://sc-pa.org/judge/profile/3559

Pretty impressive credentials for both, I'd say.

You missed my point. If you read what I was responding to you would see I was being sarcastic.

Just now, craiga said:

In some circles, the simple fact of my decades long support for Boston seems to be enough.  :unsure:

As long as you don't act like the gas station lady I had a run-in with after NKY in 2017, you'll be just fine. Lol.