DCI Southwestern Championship (San Antonio) - Saturday, July 20, 2019

Ok, Cascades!! Nice job. Clearly under new leadership and that's taking a moment to iron out the transition. I get it. The show itself is pretty solid. Asphalt Cocktail sounds excellent! I've Got the World on a String ballad is actually REALLY nice, love the screamers and the last hit. I'm a bit surprised at how small the corps is, especially the 15 (!!!!) member guard. But, if this group of kids can spend the last few weeks cleaning better than a fuller corps with maybe some undedicated kids, than more power to them.

I really like the show!! You've got a great package to perform. Just clean it at this point : )

• Like 2

In visual terms, I think Cascades' show draws on Reading Buccaneers' 2014 show, Legends' 2016 show, and O'Fallon Township High School's 2018 show.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zeke said:

Bad Design..not mm fault

It seemed like they had a lot of holes, but may be that was the design. 

5 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Nice job, Cascades! 

I think that is one of the stronger musical efforts by Cascades in quite a while.

• Like 2

Sister and Brother in Law stopped by during Cascades so I didn't hear them but watched.  I liked the lines but yeah, they need to teach how to march over those suckers better.

Surf's up now!  Have we identified all the different kinds of fish in the guard?

Just now, KVG_DC said:

Sister and Brother in Law stopped by during Cascades so I didn't hear them but watched.  I liked the lines but yeah, they need to teach how to march over those suckers better.

Surf's up now!  Have we identified all the different kinds of fish in the guard?

Easy one is the clownfish

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mikah said:

It seemed like they had a lot of holes, but may be that was the design. 

They deserve a much better designed drill/show..and that's what it will take for them to move up at all. How frustrating for members especially the  returning vets.

The baby blue/teal shades look great.  Nice opening hit too.  Surf is coming along more than they have in some past years.

• Like 1

Just now, Dpsouthern81 said:

Easy one is the clownfish

I think I saw a tiger fish and a jellyfish