DCI Southwestern Championship (San Antonio) - Saturday, July 20, 2019

I'm really lovin' the Colts this year!

• Like 1

OK, that was easily my favorite so far today. A real nice surprise for me, who has been mostly annoyed by Colts' shows for most of the past decade, even those that had some interesting ideas behind them. And I think that's the level that every World Class corps should be aspiring to as the minimum level of achievement.

• Like 1

Best Colts show since their new direction after they dropped the narrative heavy shows.  The Dark Side of Oz thing I wasn't a big fan of, but "...And a Shot Rang Out" got me by the end of the year as they got the balance of narration to playing much much better by August.  Poor Trixie!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Did anyone else just leave San Diego Comic Con to come back to their hotel to watch drum corps?

It strikes me how today’s drum corps costumes would fit in with Comic Con cosplay.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

The Wife (again):  Looks like Flo skimped in the marketing department if they only have 2 commercials.

• Like 1

I really wish Colts had shakos on so I wouldn't have to see the cheesy emoting from the brass. Other than that, nice job Colts! I feel like every year for the past 4 years they have improved by a little. Can't wait to see how they continue to grow.

Z

• Like 2