DCI Southwestern Championship (San Antonio) - Saturday, July 20, 2019

That honestly made me tear up. I’m so proud of my corps! Keep up the good fight ladies and gentlemen!  SUTA!!!

• Like 3

Alright Phantom, I don't care where it places, although I can see it moving up on any corps that might stumble, it's a show that's miles beyond anything of the past few years.    Prior to this, Swan Lake was the last time I had my hair stand up on my arms for you all, and it took until Allentown for that to happen.  I'm looking forward to seeing where this shapes up!  Keep pushing!

• Like 1

Really looking forward to seeing what  crossman has done with the show!

18 minutes ago, soccerguy315 said:

Just now, DrumCorpsRadio said:

I've been watching today's broadcast with someone with extremely limited drum corps exposure. Here are her thoughts so far:

Music City - 5/10 -- too corny

Genesis - 4/10 -- it was fine

Troopers - 4.5/10 -- ...

Pacific Crest - 7/10 - I like the costumes, the girls look good, like the black and white

Madison Scouts - 3.8/10 - They need a new person in charge.

Colts - 7.5/10 -- Understood the theme for once

Spirit of Atlanta - 8//10 -- liked the energy

BOOM! Goes Fancy Regiment. Cleaning to do, yes- but it was the MOST entertaining show thus far, easily. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, garfield said:

Honest to goodness, I had flashbacks to 2008 (even though I know that won't happen).  They sold the heck out of that show.

While the performance level isn't there, you can see that hunger and drive.  They're ready to pass anyone who's not careful.  I would hope this bodes well for recruitment.

1 minute ago, KVG_DC said:

Alright Phantom, I don't care where it places, although I can see it moving up on any corps that might stumble, it's a show that's miles beyond anything of the past few years.    Prior to this, Swan Lake was the last time I had my hair stand up on my arms for you all, and it took until Allentown for that to happen.  I'm looking forward to seeing where this shapes up!  Keep pushing!

That swan lake show was downright magical in certain moments by the end of the season 

Can't see how they don't make Finals. They could even climb into the middle group with performances like that. To think two years ago they were doing some weirdo perfume commercial that people literally laughed at. For a corps that is in their position in the current talent pecking order, they are really making the most of what they have.