DCI Southwestern Championship (San Antonio) - Saturday, July 20, 2019

5 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

Hah!  if they wanted to get cheeky, there's another opportunity to put someone in field judge garb and have some fun.

I think Bridgemen or VK did that one year.

The top 15/16 are just really enjoyable this year! Is it just me or are the fans and members alike all winners this year? Can’t remember a year that’s been so solid bottom to top. (I’ve just not had time to commit to watching below that, so no offense intended to those hard working MMs lower). 

• Like 3

Just now, BAC Battery Super Fan said:

I dig the edginess of The Crossman. Did any one spot Bones?

posted from the DrumScorps app

They showed Bones on Multi-cam.  They usually do if he's there.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 27Socal said:

I think Bridgemen or VK did that one year.

Jersey Surf repeated the gag when they did their Bridgemen-esque show a few years ago.

10 minutes ago, Lance said:

i don't know anythin about guard, but i'm watching hi cam, and i'm seeing mandarins do things with rifles i've never seen much before from any corps

The show is aggressive and oh so good.....but the rifle work is outstanding. One of the highlights, for sure IMO. 

Intermission Talk:

I tried all afternoon to get the IOS Flo app on my Iphone5 to cast to my Vizio PQ65.  Nothing, and no browser on the Viz.

Strangely I did get it to cast in audio only to my Marantz 6011.  The sound was pretty good.  I've built two nice Klipsch based stereo systems dedicated to playing drum corps.  it takes horns to play horns.

Still no video casting and I tried different things for about 90 minutes.  Now I'm back in the Mancave watching through the computer.  The video is not great due to my smallish monitor but the sound is outstanding! 

Edited by wvu80

For Flo issues

1. Make sure you're using Google chrome if watching the stream through a laptop. Any other browser like safari or Firefox will likely cause issues 

2. Watch the high cam. Trust me, multi cam isn't worth it until prelims 

2 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

Intermission Talk:

I tried all afternoon to get the IOS Flo app on my Iphone5 to cast to my Vizio PQ65.  Nothing, and no browser on the Viz.

Strangely I did get it to cast in audio only to my Marantz 6011.  The sound was pretty good.  I've built two nice Klipsch based stereo systems dedicated to playing drum corps.  it takes horns to play horns.

Still no video casting and I tried different things for about 90 minutes.  Now I'm back in the Mancave watching through the computer.  The video is not great but the sound is outstanding! 

Do you have a Chromecast? Try using that to cast to your TV from your laptop. Sound may be delayed a tiny bit though 

Edited by Cappybara
  • Thanks 1