DCI Southwestern Championship (San Antonio) - Saturday, July 20, 2019

2 minutes ago, Newseditor44 said:

The audience during INTs extended performance.

That's not a very big concert side for seating. I'm surprised.

17 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

Intermission Talk:

I tried all afternoon to get the IOS Flo app on my Iphone5 to cast to my Vizio PQ65.  Nothing, and no browser on the Viz.

Strangely I did get it to cast in audio only to my Marantz 6011.  The sound was pretty good.  I've built two nice Klipsch based stereo systems dedicated to playing drum corps.  it takes horns to play horns.

Still no video casting and I tried different things for about 90 minutes.  Now I'm back in the Mancave watching through the computer.  The video is not great due to my smallish monitor but the sound is outstanding! 

I was able to cast to my Vizio D series TV, from my Mac but not from my PC.  Might be my flakey Frontier router.

This SCV feature amuses me at the start as they rehearse the same segment of body motion over and over.  The midriffs you can see show some serious abs on both the men and women in the horn line.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

Intermission Talk:

I tried all afternoon to get the IOS Flo app on my Iphone5 to cast to my Vizio PQ65.  Nothing, and no browser on the Viz.

Strangely I did get it to cast in audio only to my Marantz 6011.  The sound was pretty good.  I've built two nice Klipsch based stereo systems dedicated to playing drum corps.  it takes horns to play horns. 

Still no video casting and I tried different things for about 90 minutes.  Now I'm back in the Mancave watching through the computer.  The video is not great due to my smallish monitor but the sound is outstanding! 

😞 yeah - IOS and vizio are not very friendly - vizio is designed for the android ecosystem -

an android tablet like a samsung tab would be able to use the casting functionality of the Viz --

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

This SCV feature amuses me at the start as they rehearse the same segment of body motion over and over.  The midriffs you can see show some serious abs on both the men and women in the horn line.  

And in a serious way, no one these days can really dream of being in a Vanguard, or any other corps’, uniform. Who knows what that will be?

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, 27Socal said:

I was able to cast to my Vizio D series TV, from my Mac but not from my PC.  Might be my flakey Frontier router.

Wirelessly?  I would think if you could cast from to your Viz D series, I should be able to do the same with my 2018 Viz PQ65.

If you get a moment would you let me know how you were able to cast?  Did you go through the Smart TV section of Vizcasting or whatever they call it?

11 minutes ago, Newseditor44 said:

The audience during INTs extended performance.

zUetNz4.jpg

posted from the DrumScorps app

I'm sitting just on the other side of the control booth on the 50, upper deck.

I've never been here before and it's, well, interesting in a bunch of ways.

And not all of them are good.

• Like 1