DCI Southwestern Championship (San Antonio) - Saturday, July 20, 2019

1 minute ago, Terri Schehr said:

Now Allentown OTOH #notgoingback

Unless you go back to the time when we got splinters in our butts from the wood plank seating, I'm not feeling sorry for you.  😛

• Like 1

Just now, wvu80 said:

Unless you go back to the time when we got splinters in our butts from the wood plank seating, I'm not feeling sorry for you.  😛

I’m too old for bleacher seating. I’ll be the first to admit it.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

Will the Apple TV let me cast to the Vizio? 

It has hdmi and optical outputs you can put directly into the tv or via home theater which is what we do. Flo has its own app that you download to the device, so you don’t actually stream from phone (tho you could). It can operate wirelessly or can be hardwired. 

• Like 2

Are the hats nEw.

• Haha 1

I'm going to Atlanta next week. It's a great weekend trip for drum corps and city stuff.

• Like 4

Just now, N.E. Brigand said:

I believe it. But I stand by what I wrote.

I know some of the shows 'require' a special 'costume'  to support the theme, but some corps probably don't HAVE to have totally new uniforms every year.  For example - correct me if I am wrong - but for years Phantom wore black and white uniforms and changed them every year.  Same colors, different design, but several years it did not seem like the design change was needed.  Maybe the uniforms are not that expensive or the older ones are worn out.  Or  - more likely - designers do not want to be saddled with the previous garb.  They want a clean slate.   OF course, this leads to a lot of us veteran drum corps constantly asking 'who is this?'  because the identities that once were self evident no longer exist.  The Blue Devils might be the one exception as they have a foundation that seems constant.    Just my take.