DCI Southwestern Championship (San Antonio) - Saturday, July 20, 2019

I wanted them to break inti Also Sprach Zarathustra at the end right after the timpani, perfect transition!

That was a really rough run for Cadets.  The show feels more disjointed somehow than it did earlier in the season.  Percussion will carry them as far as they can for days, but yeah, something is ..off.

• Like 4

That was my first time seeing Cadets. I'm not quite sure what to think of that, I'm usually such a fan of the Cadets. Battery was fun to listen to!

Edited by MidWAmericanArts
  • Like 1

Really pulling for Cadets.  The introduction was great. Then is just goes off the rails design and quality. Horn line seemed to really struggle from the top of the ballad to the end.

Is the ballad in a weird key/a key it shouldn't be in? I just don't like the arrangement. Played perfectly it seems it would just leave you flat. Hoping all the best for them. 

• Like 2

Seriously .... the battery plays without brass for 70% of the show. The visual support - Ugh, the Brass - I can't remember. It is astounding. Oh, that Tom feature was incredible but the show is NOT balanced.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 1happyhart said:

Cadets definitely did Bridge Over Troubled Water better than Academy

posted from the DrumScorps app

My goodness, no.

• Thanks 1