DCI Southwestern Championship (San Antonio) - Saturday, July 20, 2019

2 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

1 minute ago, Musicman1084 said:

This percussion writing is adding so much to this show. It's an incredibly musical drum book, as opposed to some of the ram fests we've seen today.

This^^^^

Yes, ram fests have been had by a bunch so far. The over doing of the wackaty wackaty isn’t over I’m afraid.

posted from the DrumScorps app

Blue Knight, I  FREAKIN LOVE  IT!!!  Surprised how dirty the brass drill is. Give dat vis team some field time. 

• Like 2

Go get 'em Stars!!

BK should pass Cadets tonight. I expect they beat them in GE, Brass, Music Analysis and Guard

posted from the DrumScorps app

• Like 3

Blue Knights: 

THAT OPENING HIT!!!

I love the direction that they’ve taken this year, when compared to the last. Their direction in their design always feels so unique, fresh, and needed. Blue Knights are the best drum corps at making me feel intense emotion at points that aren’t overly emotive, but just have phenomenal music writing. They create such a wonderful effect. I have no idea what the show is about, but I’m still in love with it. 

I feel like they could be doing more visually throughout the show, but I can at least say that the visuals match what they’re doing musically. I usually love mirror props, but they feel mostly like afterthoughts. I just don’t feel like I get any sort of color palate in the beginning of the show and I just want more.

Overall, I love the show. I always feel like the Blue Knights design team is under appreciated. I wonder what it would look like to have a Blue Knights design team with a Carolina Crown instructional team? That would be a joy to watch!
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Barneveld said:

8 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

Ok got home from a family reunion who is on the panel?

I caught my first video view of Blue Stars.

Those kids are working Hard AF.

The guard book is  ridiculous and probably a beast to rehearse.  🙌

• Like 2

Blue Stars are amazing this year, even if I don’t particularly love this show.

8 minutes ago, Lance said:

i do wonder if people were quite as vocal when saucedo completely ripped off cindy mctee in 2000, though. 

I remember hearing that he did, but I think people are more familiar with Equus (Eric Whitacre in general) and can easily spot the similarity.

• Like 1