DCI Southwestern Championship (San Antonio) - Saturday, July 20, 2019

Just now, Poppycock said:

We seen it with a Cali viewpoint and you with a southern bell viewpoint. Opposite viewpoints for sure. Now go! 

I can respect different opinions. IMO Crown has a more challenging musical book and their visual demand is higher, while achieving at a significant level. But I’m just a slow southern boy, so what do I know 🤷‍♂️? But if I’m missing something let me know.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

The bravado with which BAC performs this show is super fun and very BAC vibe.  

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, tommynev said:

Needs more Hamilton voice over

Didn’t ya mean cowbell?

• Haha 2

Boston Crusaders

This is one of the few shows that I feel myself more focused on the color guard than the rest of the corps. What a talented group!

I don’t have much to add for commentary, here. The brass sounds great this year, but I don’t like the music book as much as last year. I assume that I’m in the minority. I do enjoy the technical ability. I loved the horn solo and a lot of the front ensemble writing. The props were a good idea, even if I don’t like Goliath’s ending. Speaking of Goliath, I’m again likely in the minority that I like how they “built” him. No crazy Phantom witch!

It’s a more talented group than last year, but I’m not quite buying into the show. It’s enjoyable, just seems to be losing me a little bit musically. And as most probably agree, I can’t wait for a new ending for Goliath!
  • Like 2

I like how the giant stick figure Goliath "steps" on David.

• Like 3

Boston was cooking tonight and that guard!

posted from the DrumScorps app

• Like 3