DCI Southwestern Championship (San Antonio) - Saturday, July 20, 2019

Wo

Just now, Musicman1084 said:

I am so happy Bloo went back to a conventional front ensemble set up.  There is so much more clarity and depth to what they're playing with a full 10-11 mallet players. 

Wonder if that is what affected their score the past few seasons, battery seemed clean.

Again, the more times I hear this show, the more times I"m picking up some of brilliance of this arranging.  It's not just 'arranging the Beatles for the field" it's putting the Beatles tunes together in ways that are distinct to Bloo's style during their surge since 2014.  What I saw of BD early on, they're doing something similar with calls to previous shows and styles.  Can't wait to see what they've added to that skeleton.  

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, WarriorWay said:

1 minute ago, TRacer said:

I really like Boston except for the hokey BOA vocals...and the college band drill...

It probably sounded like a good idea on paper at the time. 

Agreed, the vocals are very wgi, and some of the drill is a little blah (most is very good though).

Unlike a lot of corps this year, BAC actually has tough drill. Anyone can stand in place and play big moments. As I watch Bloo, a lot stop and play, walk marching. But they do sound amazing.

posted from the DrumScorps app

• Like 2

AnnMargaret makes her appearance 

• Haha 1

Going High Cam rest of the way

I must be one a very few DCI fans that don't like the Beatles at all but love this Coats show 

• Like 4

The ONLY thing that I can say I truly hate about this show is the appearance of Yoko Ono...like, get her off the field! Lol.

• Haha 5

Just now, KPinCAL said:

I must be one a very few DCI fans that don't like the Beatles at all but love this Coats show 

Right there with you.

• Like 1

I think I’ll love this by finals. It really is a great show.